Help with psalms and orisons

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
andre5112
Neophyte

Help with psalms and orisons

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello SA.

Im sorry if this isn't the right section. My copy of Crossed Keys arrived, and i simply love it! My favorite part being the Enchiridion.

However, i have a problem. To use the Orisons and Psalms, should i just recite them, or do as the "The Virtues of the Psalms and Orisons" section says. Sometimes it says recite the Orison three times for example, then the virtue part says, about the same Orison, to, for example, on the full moon of Saturday, we must gather verbain with our left hand and write the Orison with our left han and blood etc.

Can anyone help me on this? Maybe the Virtue section is just what the old text said to do, but Michael Chechetelli removed all that to make things more practical? I don't know.

Edit: I realized that in the Virtues section the Orisons has different uses. I may be wrong, but i would say that to achieve the normal results you recite the Orison normally, but if you want to, for example, to persuade leaders and higher position people, you would use the Orison as the Virtues section says. Or perhaps the Virtues section was the original Enchiridion, but Michael translated them and found it worked simply by reciting the Orisons.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login