Eye wannuh sumon daemonz!1 / Hail and thanks Lucifer, dude!

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
BaiLung
Zelator

Eye wannuh sumon daemonz!1 / Hail and thanks Lucifer, dude!

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Sans the forward, preface, and preliminary discourse, The Key of Solomon is 125 pages. Only 19 of these pages deal with actually summoning an entity. Less than 20% of the text. The rest of the text deals with preparing the summoner for the practice and there isn't a single page in the text which instructs the summoner to thank the entity by posting about them on an internet forum, spreading their seal around in neighborhoods, local places of business, or the internet. In fact, concerning the dissemination of seals and sigils, the occult corpus usually takes the opposite approach: be silent.

If losing sleep due to studying until the wee hours of the morning, planning out rituals to an exact level of detail, facing down fear of the unknown, and a genuine pursuit of knowledge and understanding are your thing... this may be the right path for you. If skimming posts on occult forums and convincing yourself that the awe and majesty of these entities can be best thanked and respected by posting a "thank you" letter on a forum are more your style... you should probably look for another path.

I know that some of this has been addressed elsewhere on this forum. But I wanted to take this as an opportunity to draw a clear line in the sand and throw my support behind Asterion's assertions. It's also my way of saying "Seriously? C'mon. Seriously?" Lastly, it's also my way of venting my frustration at what I am seeing going on around here since my recent return.

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login