disappointing goetic evocation results

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
rrwh
Practicus

disappointing goetic evocation results

Post#1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

I put a post on here a few weeks ago explaining how I was new to Ceremonial Magic. And I finally got most of my basic ritual tools made and consecrated now: fire wand, dagger, chalice, lotus wand, earth pentacle, candlestick holders. And for the most part using Israel Regardies "Golden Dawn" and Donald Kraigs "Modern Magick" books as a guideline to make and consecrated the tools, in the "Golden Dawn" style of design, for the most part.

In my older post on the general magick forum on this site, I listed my past supernatural experiences; so I'll just briefly touch on them here so I can explain the reason for my disappointment in my recent goetic evocation attempt. In a short period of time roughly five years ago I witnessed a number of experiences before I even started getting involved in ceremonial magic. Being very skeptical at the time about supernatural matters I just experimented on my own, not really knowing a lot about ceremonial magic, so using just a sigil copied from the "lesser key of solomon" I tried to conjure one of the spirits from there. I did not receive any response at that exact time but not long afterward in the middle of the night I woke up and three black figures were standing at the foot of my bed facing me, and speaking to each other in a unknown language.

Around the same period of time I visited a Reiki practitioner in Ontario, Canada. and during every session I went to with her after she closed here eyes and put her hands palm down over my body, I could actually see waves of moving energy heading down from above toward my body.
The final thing was after experimenting with a ouija board at home, I did not receive any messages over it, but a short time later a large metal bolt began spinning rapidly on a wooden table.

The reason that I'm listing these past experiences is because during my recent goetic evocation attempt, with all my fully designed and consecrated ritual tools, going completely "by the book" so to speak doing everything in the correct order for the ritual, I received absolutely no response, or indication that any kind of spirit prescense or energy was manifesting during the ritual.
The reason this dissapoints me the most is because all of those things I experienced listed above with essentually no ritual tools, and no experience in magic at the time that took place, visibly to me. And now when attempting ceremonial magic ritual "going by the book" using all of the correct consecrated tools- seemingly nothing happens.

I guess one question I have is is it possible the spirit may appear to me at a later time, "like they did 5 years ago when they appeared at the foot of my bed" If so how should I respond to them if I'm lying there in bed, with no ritual tools or anything like the time years ago. That time I didn't say anything to them, they just kept speaking among themselves in some foreign language. Otherwise, is there some reason my ritual seemed to fail to get results this time, should I try another book or grimoire besides the lesser key of solomon. I listed all the books I currently own on my post on the general magic forum.

Also If someone has time and could write on here for me all the steps they go through before during and after an evocation, maybe I missed something somehow that's causing the entire thing to be ineffective.

Besides the regular books I own, I also saved some of the free Pdf file Grimoires I saw that someone had shown either on this site or another one I saw. I will list the ones I saved on my computer; and if anyone has used any of those I saved and had good results with any of them, please let me know.

Pdf grimoires: Grimoire of Armadel
Abramelin the mage
Arbatel of magick
Heptameron
Grimoire of Honorius
Johannes Faust- the black raven
Grand grimoire- dark lodge version
6th, 7th, 8th book of Moses
Grimoire of Turiel
Libellus Magicus
Levi- Dogmaetritual part I, II.
Cornelius Agrippa part 1, 2,3,4.
John Dee- Hieroglyphic Monad
Crystal gazing- Frater Archad
Agrippa- geomancy
Dee- primus, secondus, tertius,

I'm heading outside here to finish mowing the lawn before it gets dark, (gets dark early this time of year in michigan). But if anyone can give me some helpful advice on how they do things in their rituals, or advice on what to do- I'm all ears and would definitely be glad to hear ANY and All advice...

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login