Blood sacrifice

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Blood sacrifice

Post#1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 pm

praxis wrote:Knowing that still wouldn't give me the cut and dry, tried and clear answer that I could rely on

This is what I was doing. The way I work magick in this life is through logic and a lot of thinking. This is why I wrote what I wrote. If you look to the laws of magick that are codified, they are totally logical. Case in point. Brother Butterball in two posts in another thread took a swipe at me for whatever reason fancied him at the time. He made one point that my credibility was shot because of offering 'modern chocolate bars' to Zeus. I found him having an enormous sweet tooth. But, it makes sense that sweets and even modern chocolate (as if modern chocolate bars are made entirely from paper; the hershey company would disagree) would be good things to offer spirits.

What is a big thing about sweets? It's the sugar. Doesn't matter if it's natural or artificial. A spirit taking sugar as an offering is analogous to a swimmer eating a bunch of sugar right before a meet. The purpose of artificial [edit: meant flavoring..] is to get people to eat stuff that has been processed so much that it tastes like shit. The more artificial flavoring needed, the worse the food became. Yet, it's these flavorings that make this bad stuff taste so damn good. Those artificial flavorings, even being artificial flavorings, provide an additional boost. We can go further into the aspects of cocoa (sweet and not) and other aspects of candy, such as peanuts/peanut butter, almonds, nougat, cream, granola, raisins, etc., but you get the idea. The same holds for other food and drink offerings.

And all of this based on the facts of both the material and metaphysical properties of various food items. Foods that many spirits have their offices in. If something as simple and enjoyable as even healthy sweets and snacks that is used to help keep a physical body in working order, then there's no point in even giving any spirit any food offering at all. But, then, what of all those accounts of food offerings? Does it seem right that they were all delusion, while keeping in your head to not think it's true just because a bunch of other people thought that it was. A lot of people thought polyester was a good material for clothes, some even today. That doesn't mean polyester is a good choice. There's a lot of romanticism...and to an extent laziness...often backing people's practices.

But it would become small as you say...

...and constant, quickly overcoming the quantity it had at the moment the blood was spilled from the finger. The energy output is gonna continue, so long as the dried DNA strands maintain their structure. A good way to 'unmake' a talisman of metal with a sigil carved into it is to melt it down, so the sigil is no more. After that, you do whatever purification and consecration rituals you want to make another for a new spirit.

How much does meat-juice really mean to you? You throw it out anyway. Perhaps that's not your point, however.

You don't throw it all away. First, it was used to develop the meat, while the animal was still alive and the meat juice was being used in part of the procedure to temporarily help keep the meat fresh enough for transport to the store and long enough for you to get it home to fix. The blood, along with water, fat, etc. is used in helping to keep the meat juicy when cooked, however in most cases, you'd need to cook with vegetables for helping to maintain the moisture content levels. And when you compare burgers made with a stove and a george forman grill, you'll notice a difference with how the meat is afterwards.

But I was thinking the energy level was more specifically important when used in offerings, as far as I can tell...?

You can factor in quality v quantity, but it's also good to keep in mind how long you're looking at, not just in the instant of now.

Otherwise, wouldn't it be amongst the best in terms of pure potency if applied to task when fresh?

If potency is the main concern, there are far more cost efficient ways to implant potent energy into something. The point of using blood at all is more than just potency. You wouldn't buy a lexus just for a comfortable place to sit.

Okay. Fair enough. But is a talisman for electrons floating around in the vacuum of space going to be as effective as fresh blood even if it works? Would you say it still comes close in it's efficacy then? And if not, why not use something more convenient in substitution like Martialis had suggested?

Talisman effectiveness, when considering all levels of exitence, is gonna be based on how much the target allows the talisman to effect their life. The ability to resist or accept such a working is gonna be based on the capacities of the target to do so.

Should you say it would vanish, then such a statement would be in violation of the laws of physics... not a point I recall making. Yes though, as with other points, this is true.

It goes back to usefulness over different lengths of time, quality v quantity. Plus, applying physics limitations to magick is an error.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login