Two Goetia Questions

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
Vrischika

Two Goetia Questions

Post#1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

1. What kind of results have you people gotten with Goetia when working by the book? Although I have, as a rule, disregarded what results other people report getting (if all those testimonies in modern grimoires were true for me, then I'd be a rich and powerful man :D) it'd be interesting to hear how well the spirits have come through to you.

I haven't worked with the system yet, although I have noticed considerable mood swings while collecting the tools, like backing off from a deal (because I am convinced that the grimoire isn't for me) with someone who sells these tools, and the next moment heavily regretting it..

So when doing an operation to obtain X, have you gotten what you asked for? Is there a lot of faustian side-effects or something else that is unexpected or unwanted that accompanies the intent (I'm not talking about flying furniture or other side-effects of the evocation itself, though)?

2. What do you guys think about Imperial Arts? I am undecided whether I believe in him personally, leaning a bit on the skeptical side. Maybe it's because he couldn't kill Randi (if the spirit was properly bound, shouldn't it have worked? Or do they have a final say on the magick after all?) or maybe because the 4 million tons of gold thing is just over the top. :lol:

I liked his book Imperial Arts though.
Last edited by Vrischika on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login