Doing evocation before you can meditate

The Heptameron, the Key of Solomon, the Lemegeton, the Arbatel of Magic, the Book of Abramelin, etc.

Topic author
SIGILine
Neophyte

Doing evocation before you can meditate

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm just wondering; what are your view on performing a Goetia evocation before you are able to meditate?
I'm mostly reaching for your thoughts on if it's even possible to be able to summon a spirit if you haven't been able to achieve the meditative state yet, but I'd also like to hear all of you thoughts about this. Such as, will it be more dangerous than if you were able to meditate and so on.

Anyway. I'm an absolute disaster when it comes to meditation. When I perform a spell I always use the shortcuts like spinning, dancing while singing like an indian and so on. I just don't see how I am going to do that with an evocation since the actual performing of the ritual is so much different. I've thought about doing it in a way inspired by the old christian magicians. Fasting, chastity, praying through a 9 day period and some of all that old stuff. Since they used these preparations in the old days in theory I should be able to get results like them too, however, I'm not as attuned to these practices such as praying and such as they were. So I wont be able to know if it will be enough to actually manifest the spirit. I was used to praying daily back in my christian days and I did see some extraordinary results with that powerful practice but it's been years and so it wont be the same.

Also I'd like to have any advice you can give a person doing the first-time operation at all. Unless it's the Poke Runyon-like advice of staying away from it until you've achieved so and so. Not that I don't like Poke Runyon. He's one of my favorite authors but still, he is overly cautious.

The Lemegeton's I have are; Joseph Peterson's, Samuel MacGregor Mathers/Crowley's, Stephen Skinner and David Rankines Dr Rudd Goetia and Carroll Poke Runyon's. My favorite is by far Dr Rudd's Goetia.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login