Magical ritual methods

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Samson
Neophyte

Magical ritual methods

Post#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm

I found this book by William G. Gray in my college library and was very impressed with it. It's been a few weeks since I read it but from what I remember the book stood out to me because it spends a large amount of time explaining the actual universal significance of many ritual tools. The book gives specific mental exercises to help connect ritual tools such as the circle, chalice, wand etc, with greater metaphysical concepts. The basic concept around many of his practices is a form of pavlovian conditioning which connects a simple item such as a cup with the universal concept of water. The book stresses mastery and practice which is often refreshing in comparison to the jump right in approach of some. There is a great balance between theory and practice which is essential for any decent occult literature. I would suggest this book to anyone who has mastered intermediate levels of meditation and mindfulness and is looking to apply those skill in a ritual format. Has anyone else read this book, and if so, what did you think? I'm especially curious to know others opinions about his order/chaos philosophy.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login