Financial Sorcery - Jason Miller

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Pablo
Magister Templi

Financial Sorcery - Jason Miller

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 am

This is not a new book but is a relevant book as the world has become even more uncertain since it was first published.

The beauty of this book is that very little of this book is on magic. In fact, straight-up magic is less than 1/3 of the book. The rest of it is given over to strategy and the need to develop a sound flightpath, before engaging magic. One of the great comments that Mr Miller made is “Practical sorcery is a type of life-hacking and works best when incorporated seamlessly into non-magical life hacks”. What magic there is draws on Hoodoo/Olympic magic and folk magic and there is even a Voodoo spell and some notes on Tibetan tantra. As is to be expected from a western magician there is some Jupiteran magic also instruction via his own sigils for the Roman Goddesses associated with wealth. Having read his other works I confess to trusting his sigils (which are arguably his UPG) more than other “new Grimoire” authors.
I loved the chapter on emergency magic being bad magic, which will be controversial to some but rings true to me. We should be looking ahead and scanning the horizon for future problems more than simply reacting to issues as they unfold.
What is also good is that each chapter has references for additional reading. This small book punches well above its weight. Many of the principles espoused in this book have wider applications outside of finance.
A good review should be balanced and even a great book must have some negative points by this logic this is a bad review as I could not find any! 

So, the next time anyone hints of money or even success magic issues I will point them to this book!
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login