a question about the "grimoire of tiamat" by asenath mason

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Made-of-the-Waves
Neophyte

a question about the "grimoire of tiamat" by asenath mason

Post#1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 pm

First a slight disclaimer: I do not follow the "left hand path", nor am I especially into what people term as "black magic", and frankly what simply amounts to the glamorization of the demonization of certain deities (who are far beyond our modern, contrived concepts of good & evil) annoys me, to say the least...however I am curious about this book by Mason because I have been growing close with Tiamat and there aren't many practical occult writings on her specifically that I am aware of. I am also in an on-going process of comparing and sort of "debunking" or at least ruling out some things in regards to certain deities and practices. I'm sure many of us are in such a process.

I already know enough about this book to know it probably isn't quite up my street (the use of certain languages not remotely connected to Tiamat - like Enochian and Latin - is a big turn-off for me), but I am curious as to whether she even mentions Tiamat's two first-born, Lahamu and Lahmu, Lahamu in particular being another entity who has presented herself as an ally and guide for me. This book (not to mention these deities) is kind of obscure, I know, but hoping maybe someone is familiar with one or the other.
Maid-of-the-Wave, thine exile and sorrow
Will end ere the morrow, and thou shalt be free.
Maid-of-the-Wave, to-night from our sea-halls
A heart-spell on thee falls--the sea calls! the sea calls!

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login