Gateways Through Stone and Circle

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Bumper
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Gateways Through Stone and Circle

Post#1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:48 pm

I have just finished reading 'Gateways Through Stone and Circle', by Frater Ashen Chassan, and can highly recommend it. A very well written book on his study and experiences of the 'Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals' from The Magus. It covers tool building, scrying techniques, planetary hours and experiences in evoking the planetary intelligence's and archangels into visible and audible presence.

He also provides details on experiences with various incenses recommended by a number of grimoires, and what he has found works. I have just made a scrying mirror drawing on his work, along with Tyson and Bardon's recommendations, and am now in the process of pyrographing my Table of Practice - his advice has been incredibly helpful.

I am a big fan of his writing style. It is a practical first rather than theoretical work, however it is well referenced and researched. He doesn't wax a bajillion citations per paragraph, rather he presents the facts and essence of his work very well. Distillation makes everything stronger and purer, am I right?

A must have on the shelf in my view. He is, I am sure, well known here already, but wanted to post a brief review for those who haven't yet read his work. A link to his blog and the book are provided below for those interested. Off to hit up the woodworking forums and ebay for ebony dowel or similar lengths.... Ebony was hard to find 20 years ago when I made my Athame, wish me luck!

http://bryanashen.blogspot.com.au/2011/ ... -into.html

https://www.amazon.com/Gateways-Through ... 0983063931
Your mileage may vary - and that's ok

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login