Appreciation for Lon Milo Duquette

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
toothache
Adeptus Minor

Appreciation for Lon Milo Duquette

Post#1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 am

What are your favorite books of his? Favorite stories or quotes? Reviews and recommendations?

I've been all over LMD lately. His books, interviews, even some music! HAH! I've read many books on magic that read more like reference books...but Lon's I read with passion, as if it's some interesting novel. He's one of the few authors that, when I pick up his book, I will not put it down until I finish it, usually hours later. He must put some sort of mezmerizing spell into his words...I am hooked!

Much respect to this man. The way he writes, the way he humbles himself and his attitude I find extremely awesome. One of the first pieces of "literature" on magick I ever read, was his Chapter on Orobas from My Life... It was the best introduction to the subject of Goetia I could've read, and dispelled alot of subconcious "fear" of demons (from my Christian upbrining) with humor.

I just finished his Angels, Demons and Gods in the New Millenium. It was entertaining, but it was essays and jumped around a bit. I just purchased his "Homemade Magick" .... which - for me being a solitary magician (not belonging to any lodge), I am eagerly awaiting. Last month I finished "Low Magick", which was very entertaining and inspiring. My favorite, was his "Life with the Spirits." What a great, funny and interesting read. I lent the book to a dear friend of mine, who has no knowledge of magick whatsoever, and he absolutely loved it.

I think his books are some of the best I've read. Not so much for any technical or groundbreaking information...but his ability to inspire me. His memoirs connect me to his practice in a fun yet deep way. It motivates me to step up my practice. And he takes a personal, private and very serious subject of evocation magick and makes it accessible for everyone.

I'd love to hear some other recommendations or reviews. His books are MUST READS for anyone practicing, or starting to practice.

Toothache

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login