Out of the blue good buys

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
Feywer96
Adeptus Major

Out of the blue good buys

Post#1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 am

When I walk to a local grocery store that is very close to our apartment complex, I pass this thrift store, and always exclaim, 'I should go in there one day', but never do, because 'I dont have time for it', and usually im just out to get groceries.
Today I decided to simply go with my brother and his friend when they asked, on a whim. And when we got there I slowly browsed the store, walking like a zombie and looking intently at everything like I was in a dream. I came across a book isle (which was right next to an electronics isle - heck yeah!), which made me happy.
I walked back to the back isles, and slowly browsing the titles - caught my eyes were some books that Ive read about in other books - wanted but never had a way to get - I found some awesome books - and more reading material (if even a bit 'old'):

Man and His Symbols, edited, with an introduction by Carl G. Jung 'Profusely Illustrated' - Jung, M.-L. von Franz, John Freeman) 1964
Hidden Channels of the Mind - Louisa E. Rhine (c) 1961
A Primer of Jungian Psychology - Calvin S. Hall & Vermon J. Nordby (c) 1973
Dictionary of Philosophy (fourth edition) - edited by Dagobert Runes (c) 1942
A History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell (c) 1965
Man for Himself- An Enquiry into the Psychology of Ethics - Erich Fromm (c) 1947

I also got a cute little ceramic jar with a lid that reminds me of a 'whisky jug' but without the handle. Im going to use it for a thought form :p ill post a picture soon :p

Ive already gotten into 'Man and his Symbols' and 'Channels of the Mind' - Im glad I went to the thrift store today 'out of the blue' - more mind food x)
Know Thyself - Reductio Ad Infinitum / Return to the Infinite
Mercury's Butterfly - main site

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login