The Testament of Cyprian the Mage

New Book Releases, Recommendations and Reviews.

Topic author
dionysiandame
Practicus

The Testament of Cyprian the Mage

Post#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Is anyone else thinking about getting this latest offering from JSK?

A blurb;

Within the text we encounter the Chiefs, Kings and Queens of the grimoire tradition; the magical role of the Decans and their stones and plants; lunar magic and magical animals; the gods of Time; the Sibyl and the Hygromanteia; Asmodeus and Oriens; Angelology, Theurgy, Conjunction and the Pact, the Angelic Vice-regent and thwarting Angels; Asclepius, Iamblichus and Neo-Platonism; Paracelsus and the Elemental Spirits; Necromancy, and the principles of spell work

I think I just came. I'm also psyched to see more of the Hellenic showing up in texts that tend to be overwhelmingly Judaic and Christian in their outlooks.Do you see this face? This is my excited face. It kind of looks like Kristin Stewart's.

Another selling point, or bit of synchronicity, is Ct. Cyprian making an appearance in The Bathhouse at Midnight: An Historical Survey of Magic and Divination in Russia which I had the pleasure of reading last year. I'm genuinely fascinated by him enough to where I'm considering purchasing a copy of his letters if only because my current obession with Eastern Orthodoxy demands it.

So yeah? Yeah? Ya gonna buy it or what?
Deliriously and Deliberately Mortal

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login