Liber Samekh

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

Topic author
Chuli
Neophyte

Liber Samekh

Post#1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello all!

Just wondering, has anybody here satisfactorily done Liber Samekh?

I've started working on it myself and I'd be curious to know what other people have to say about it!

Thanks,
Chuli

Sethian

Re: Liber Samekh

Post#2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I was doing it pretty hardcore for a while, as in once a day for a few months, on top of my other magical work. It's an amazing process. I don't think it's a "hit it once and be done" type of ritual though. Theres a book by Israel Regardie called "ceremonial magic" which talks a lot about the opening by watchtower and mostly the bornless ritual. The version I have is published by Aquarian, and it was pretty much the only book I was reading during the time of these workings.

Do it every day, that's my advice.

Topic author
Chuli
Neophyte

Post#3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks Sethian, I'll have a read at that book.

LegbasCrossroads
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Liber Samekh is a powerful self-initiatory ritual. Repitition and determination are the key traits to seeing success. I highly recommend getting you life in order before doing a long term undertaking of this ritual, as it tends to shake up your life.

Good luck

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#5 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Liber Samekh is worth a shot. I highly recommend you do Liber Resh while you do this. Liber Samekh tends to make the whole world compress to a single point and time of crucial importance, and there is no reason to feel it is so conclusive.

If you have not done Liber Yod - I can not highly recommend doing that for a month before you do Liber Samekh. It detaches you from the rite in very necessary ways. Liber Yod, originally called Vesta is preliminary work to the real nature of the mindset of being is space beyond space and time beyond time and looking in at the world. If anything, it connects you to the being that is the Headless or Bornless.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Topic author
Chuli
Neophyte

Post#6 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks a lot for those tips.

@raum: I practice something similar to method II in Liber Yod already, so that's good news. I'll have a propper look at liber resh, thanks for the indication!

Chuli

nargile57
Neophyte

Post#7 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Well, I could go on for ever about the Bornless Ritual and the changes it made to my life. I did it back in 1984 and within three months I had finished with my fiancee, left my job, home, family and the UK! I spent five years travelling around europe before settling down and geting married in Istanbul. Be careful with this ritual - it does what it says on the label! I made one mistake; due to a book I was reading at the time I misinterpted an encouner with my HGA. Five years ago, at work one day, everything came flooding back to me with the misinterpreted component realigned! And so again, I left my wife, job, home, country and I'm back in Istanbul..... Time, give things time and you see the patterns emerge....
"Don’t expect things to make sense if they involve large brained apes on a small rock orbiting a small star in an unfashionable suburb of the galaxy."
By Peter Carroll On Tuesday, 22 February 2011.

NYC
Zelator

Post#8 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 am

hey guys, i share you a little bit more of information! :D

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15454

Greetings!
...Porque antes estaba ciego y ahora puedo ver, yo me he reconciliado con en El Inefable, Yo Soy el habitante en la invisibilidad, Oh Gran Dios!!! dejad que la Luz brillante del espíritu divino descienda!!

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#9 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 am

can i petition to have this moved to the papyri section of the site? regardless is mathers or crowley called it by bornless or samekh or what have you, its still really just PGM 96-172
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK