Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

NomenInspirata
Practicus

Re: Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Post#31 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm

I will be doing this either tomorrow or Tuesday as my schedule permits. That being said, up until recently, I had never gotten into sigil casting as I have come to understand it recently. I mean sure, I’ve used the goetia and the sigils therein but not my personal creations. So as a magician with at least a decent amount of experience in varying paths I have to point out that sigil magic is not necessarily going to be part of your education. I agree, if you have been casting for 3 days and are absolutely convinced that Jesus (pronounced Hay-Seuss) your neighbor is actually the lost prince of faerie, DON’T DO IT! But if you have several or more years, you should know enough to try at least but as the OP said, if shit jumps off, don’t blame us, you can blame your own baggage and bs..

Just my thoughts on the subject though, hardly an expert opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frater137
Practicus

Post#32 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:06 pm

I finally got around to tracing the sigil yesterday and just finished the Headless Rite. I traced the sigil on black card stock paper in gold ink.

I scanned it over a few times this morning while asking my subconscious to take in the image. I’m going to keep the sigil some place where it is not in my immediate field of view but sort of “there in the background” as per Gordon White sigil method.

I did the Headless Rite during an hour of the Sun and immediately after performing it I followed it up with PGM IV. 1115-66, A Hidden Stele, which I’ve never done before. I flipped past it while looking through my copy of the PGM and it just seemed like “the right thing to do” to sort of seal whatever got mustered up during the Headless Rite. I’m curious to see what comes about.

johnblend
Philosophus

Post#33 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:02 am

Funny about the hidden stele. I just started to incorperate it as a preliminary prayer to the headless rite.

That prayer has some serious oomph...

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Topic author
Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#34 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 am

Regarding my own performance:

I'm still observing various subjective and objective effects attributable to the performance, including indirect "ripple effects" that I've only been able to trace to it after the fact (and which always have to be scrutinized over time to avoid attributing anything and everything to the ritual). Given that it has only been 9 days (keeping to the numerology of 9: "9 months between performances" and "9 days between posts" here), I imagine that there will be additional effects. When I say, "effects," I mean anything noteworthy within my UPG or in the outside world that seems to connect somehow to my UPG relative to the ritual.

The actual experience of the ritual was nothing unexpected. I approached it through the frame rite (as I mentioned in the original posts in this thread) and took my time with it. I copied out the sigil by hand, dressed it with oils, smoked it with incense, and then cast it within the frame immediately before the actual performance of the Headless Rite. The rest went as planned. I was in Dublin at the time of performance and then went to a public graveyard to meditate, which was nice, but nothing went bump in the night. I did have a very heightened "buzzing" sensation moving around my body until the next morning.

There have been some initiatory developments involving an unexpected invitation from a magical-religious group in the USA that I had only been peripherally aware of and a very powerful "kundalini" experience during meditation that connected with some of the imagery that arose previously during the performance of the rite. At this point, I am keeping an open mind given that the feeling of this rite has been very different from how it felt when I performed it in Paris over 9 months ago. I am very interested in the reports and experiences of others, wondering how they might connect to my own via the sigil (if it has worked as intended).

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

Frater137
Practicus

Post#35 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 am

@JohnBlend

It occurred to me after the performance that I should do the Hidden Stele before every Headless Rite performance from now on.

I asked about it’s usages on a PGM Facebook group and was told that it seems to be an opening rite which makes perfect sense.

johnblend
Philosophus

Re: RE: Re: Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Post#36 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 am

Frater137 wrote:@JohnBlend

It occurred to me after the performance that I should do the Hidden Stele before every Headless Rite performance from now on.

I asked about it’s usages on a PGM Facebook group and was told that it seems to be an opening rite which makes perfect sense.
I have had some powerful experiences with that. Tears and direct communication and things beginning to move again... magically

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Frater137
Practicus

Post#37 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:10 am

Just checking in to see if anything strange or out of the ordinary is happening for people. More specifically, are events and people showing up in your day to day that are beginning to nudge you to clean up your act, make better decisions and ultimately get your affairs in order?

I had something like that happen yesterday but prefer to get a general consensus of what’s happening with everyone else before sharing it.

Jadziya
Philosophus

Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Post#38 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:25 pm

The "parchment" (read: fancy factory produced paper) I used seems to have relocated itself, unless I genuinely moved it and forgot. (Always a possibility!) So that is "out of the ordinary", but not in the sense you are asking.

It is really hard to say if those things that you say have been happening, especially since I've been doing a lot of other stuff the past month.

I had the urge to do the ritual in a museum/archaeological site of an ancient temple of Mithras. I am sure I am not the first person to try some ritual there (and I'm sure they have rules about that), but I have never been there before so this was out of the blue for me. It didn't go that well due to lack of concentration due to trying to be discreet, but perhaps points for effort! (Also I hope I didn't accidentally do the ritual in a temple dedicated to a clashing system since I don't know much about the cult of Mithras....)

Edit: Something unexpected and notable did happen to me on August 11. It was a few hours before the ritual, but I think some back projection is reasonable.

Frater137
Practicus

Post#39 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 am

Hey everyone,

How are you all doing?

Is anything new opening for you? Any interesting occurances? Any noticeable personality shifts.

Something is definitely happening under the surface. I performed the Headless Rite again last week and shifted the charge from "deliver me from all restraining daemons" to "Send to me my neverborn friend and guardian, my supernatural assistant, my agathodaimon, my holy guardian angel! Send to me the spirit NN. whose duty it is to guide, lead, assist, and protect me through this and all lives!”

I'm noticing a shift in my internal dialogue. New thoughts and trains of thought are arising within mind a long with new ways of being and acting. There also seems to be a newfound strength in vulnerability that's emerging. There's also an abrupt unwillingness to struggle with anything anymore. It's interesting and I'm uncertain if this is an outcome of this particular group working or if its the cumulative outcome of ALL of the magical work I'm doing now but I thought it was worth sharing, even if the share errs on the UPG side.

Jadziya
Philosophus

Post#40 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Well, my material life has suddenly fallen into a state of chaos, but whether or not that has anything to do with the ritual is an open question.