Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

Wanderer
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Re: Headless Rite: an Invitation to the Members of Studio Arcanis

Post#51 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 pm

nox wrote:Did u tried on goetic spirits?I wonder how thay react to it.

Haven't had a chance to yet, but I imagine it would be well-received. In the past week and change, since having messed with this some, I've had some time to work with Uriel, Raphael, Gabriel, and Michael of the Archangelic Host and Paymon, Egyn, Amaymon, and Uriens of the Demonic Royalty. All have responded well, or at the very least haven't been averse to the energy running through me after the use of Berhatiyah.

That, to me, is a good sign, as I've worked with these entities in a rather substantial number of ways over the years, and there are things they definitely do not like.

Frater137
Practicus

Post#52 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:20 am

Had an interesting thought the other day re: the Headless Rite.

I’ve been doing it regularly as part of a year long Decan Walk ritual that started back in July of 2018.

I’ve noticed an increased sensitivity to “space weather” which could be an outcome of a number of different things but the insight I had about the Headless Rite is maybe what’s being exorcised is the personality of the magician.

My circumstances have gotten increasingly and significantly more difficult since we’ve started this project. Things I have been unwilling to face in myself and my life are right up in my face to be dealt with and I’m noticing a gradual “submission” of my personality to the Will of the Universe. It’s both cool and at the same time, shitty.

I’m curious to know how this project is planning out for others.

Wanderer
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#53 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 pm

That's a great way to put it, Fr137. I've noticed the same, and there's a subjugation of the unhelpful Will as an aspect of this means of cultivating great change. I plan to go back to doing this regularly at some point, as its always an interesting process.

Frater137
Practicus

Post#54 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Are any of you that have been participating in this actively working with Hekate?

I've been getting an increasing urge to present myself to her and begin to develop a relationship with her. Seems like it's coming out nowhere but it dawned one me that I should check in here since those of us that have been in this project are magically linked.

Also, would anyone be down to start a whatsapp group for this project?

Bumper
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#55 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:14 am

Frater137 wrote:Are any of you that have been participating in this actively working with Hekate?

I've been getting an increasing urge to present myself to her and begin to develop a relationship with her. Seems like it's coming out nowhere but it dawned one me that I should check in here since those of us that have been in this project are magically linked.

Interesting.... :) Yep. Almost every day for 8 months. After the general community beat down of any contemporary methods - see my Jason Miller Hekate Course thread - I suggest you just have a look at the PGM and put together your own rite to approach her on a dark moon if you are going to discuss it here. But if she is knocking, best to answer. She is most definitely worth the effort to connect and learn from.
Your mileage may vary - and that's ok

Frater137
Practicus

Post#56 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:28 am

Awesome.

Thank you Bumper.

I have somewhat of an instinctual repulsion to that Hēkate course he’s offering. I don’t have anything against him or the course but I instinctually feel like I need to start with whatever PGM material I can piece together and move from there.

I’ll check out the thread you started.

Feels good to get some confirmation!

monsnoleedra
Adeptus Minor

Post#57 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Bumper wrote:
Frater137 wrote:Are any of you that have been participating in this actively working with Hekate?

Interesting.... :) Yep. Almost every day for 8 months. After the general community beat down of any contemporary methods - see my Jason Miller Hekate Course thread - I suggest you just have a look at the PGM and put together your own rite to approach her on a dark moon if you are going to discuss it here. But if she is knocking, best to answer. She is most definitely worth the effort to connect and learn from.

Just an observation but I'd disagree with the dark moon only. She held sway over Heaven, Earth and Ocean so her ability to test and cleanses is at all junctures. I personally think we do ourselves and her a dis-service when we try to push it all to the dark moon period. That is more a Roman and Christian influence than Hellene influence.

Perhaps one of the greatest rituals of facing your self and coming back changed and reborn is associated with the Eleusinian mysteries. The person descends into the underworld and returns both changed and reborn. Hekate leading them out in theory though it's speculated she would have also administered the transformation. But i'll add the disclaimer she was not a part of the ritual at all locations known to host it. If I recall correctly they started on the full moon, not the dark of the moon.

But from a sailor's perspective I know there were rituals and offerings left onshore. Then to pass into the belly of a storm at sea and to come out alive was to transform you and leave you reborn afterwards. To see the walls of water rising up over the ship as you fall into the depths between them and the lightning breaks overhead and the wind howls and the white foam flies through the air. Hekate is ripping your soul apart and making you face every fear and though you ever had about your life at that moment. Especially as that ship shakes and shudders as the waves crash down upon it. That's a surface ship, she can even remind you when your in a sub and well down in her guarded depths and she reaches down to shake you up.

The reason I bring up the sea scenario is sometimes I'll just lay in our pool (we have a salt water pool) and close my eyes and think back and remember the event or fill our tub and add some salt to the water and remember the event. I can close my eyes and go back in my mind and remember it all.
Can't Never Did Nothing Till It Tried!

Bumper
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#58 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:25 pm

monsnoleedra wrote:Just an observation but I'd disagree with the dark moon only.

But from a sailor's perspective I know there were rituals and offerings left onshore. Then to pass into the belly of a storm at sea and to come out alive was to transform you and leave you reborn afterwards. To see the walls of water rising up over the ship as you fall into the depths between them and the lightning breaks overhead and the wind howls and the white foam flies through the air. Hekate is ripping your soul apart and making you face every fear and though you ever had about your life at that moment. Especially as that ship shakes and shudders as the waves crash down upon it. That's a surface ship, she can even remind you when your in a sub and well down in her guarded depths and she reaches down to shake you up.

You are of course right Monsnoleedra, she can be contacted anytime day or night irrespective of the Lunar aspect. I wasn't exclusive in my suggested election and Frater 137 would do well to read your Hekate thread which has many pearls of wisdom including your opus of a bibliography that you shared. Interestingly I read recently Jake Stratton Kent associates Hekate with the 26th Lunar Mansion. And feasts are often given to her on a dark moon so it is a good time to make contact for the first time.

Indeed many of my daily workings with her have been during the day. As an aside, I am hoping to go down to the coast fishing for a week next month, as you said in one of your posts she is a goddess of the coastal waters, and will be invoking her before and during the week to connect with her in this aspect.

monsnoleedra
Adeptus Minor

Post#59 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Bumper wrote:
monsnoleedra wrote:Just an observation but I'd disagree with the dark moon only.

You are of course right Monsnoleedra, she can be contacted anytime day or night irrespective of the Lunar aspect. I wasn't exclusive in my suggested election and Frater 137 would do well to read your Hekate thread which has many pearls of wisdom including your opus of a bibliography that you shared. Interestingly I read recently Jake Stratton Kent associates Hekate with the 26th Lunar Mansion. And feasts are often given to her on a dark moon so it is a good time to make contact for the first time.

Indeed many of my daily workings with her have been during the day. As an aside, I am hoping to go down to the coast fishing for a week next month, as you said in one of your posts she is a goddess of the coastal waters, and will be invoking her before and during the week to connect with her in this aspect.

Hopefully didn't come across as slamming wanted more as a suggestion of looking at other options vice just dark of the moon. It's like we (my self included) tend to say suppers / meals yet the lore is to leave a supper at a cross roads and immediately turn and leave without looking back. So realistically how is a newbie supposed to make contact? Under those conditions it says your not supposed to attract her attention, or that of the dead who the meal is actually being left for. Yet the feast is being done in her name and honor.

I never really followed the Lunar Mansions but would be curious as to how the 26th is equated to Hekate? Had to check but it pertains to marriage, Love (aggripa says between men ie mankind which is divine) but lets just say love in general, agriculture, and some say strengthen buildings some say destroy them, some say travel but not by sea. So now have to look into the mansions further for my own curiosity to be honest.

just for reference one site said this about the emblem for the 26th mansion
- In the twenty-sixth, for love and favour, they sealed, in white wax and mastich, the figure of a woman washing and combing her hair; and they perfumed it with good odours.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrolo ... nsions.php

Enjoy your coastal visit. I love my mountains but I do miss the ocean, been years now since I've been to that shore. A sandy or dirt shore is great but if you can find a rocky back drop where her voice can sing try to do so.
Can't Never Did Nothing Till It Tried!

Bumper
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#60 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:55 pm

monsnoleedra wrote:Hopefully didn't come across as slamming wanted more as a suggestion of looking at other options vice just dark of the moon. It's like we (my self included) tend to say suppers / meals yet the lore is to leave a supper at a cross roads and immediately turn and leave without looking back. So realistically how is a newbie supposed to make contact? Under those conditions it says your not supposed to attract her attention, or that of the dead who the meal is actually being left for. Yet the feast is being done in her name and honor.

I never really followed the Lunar Mansions but would be curious as to how the 26th is equated to Hekate? Had to check but it pertains to marriage, Love (aggripa says between men ie mankind which is divine) but lets just say love in general, agriculture, and some say strengthen buildings some say destroy them, some say travel but not by sea. So now have to look into the mansions further for my own curiosity to be honest.

just for reference one site said this about the emblem for the 26th mansion
- In the twenty-sixth, for love and favour, they sealed, in white wax and mastich, the figure of a woman washing and combing her hair; and they perfumed it with good odours.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrolo ... nsions.php

Enjoy your coastal visit. I love my mountains but I do miss the ocean, been years now since I've been to that shore. A sandy or dirt shore is great but if you can find a rocky back drop where her voice can sing try to do so.

No offence taken, all good. I should have dug out the reference before posting - from his book Prince of Spirits. It is the 25th not 26th, apologies.

“Surgat is attributed to the 25th mansion, from 9 to 20 degrees of Aquarius. Incidentally, in the better known attribution given by Agrippa &c, Aziel is the ‘angel’ of this mansion. Within this mansion is Neptune’s Exaltation and Pluto’s Fall degree, 19 degrees Aquarius. In solar terms, the Critical Degrees marking the mansion’s limits correspond to January 29th until February 10th. The particular mansion symbol from the Greco-Egyptian papyri is the garland of Hecate.”

I found it interesting, because it is the first reference I have been able to find between Surgat and Hekate, the relationship of which is part of Mark Alan Smith's 'Queen of Hell' works. Not that I work his material now, but there was some discussion at the time of how the two couldn't be linked, but it appears there is at least some relationship.

In terms of the feast, I do an offering on my altar as part of a ritual with her, and then drop it off at a crossroads after the ritual. In Australia you have to be careful of this as I pissed off the local indigenous spirits on the mountain behind me, who didn't take kindly to offerings for another deity being placed on their sacred land. I felt verry unwelcome on my hikes and it became apparent that I had caused offence. I learnt a phrase in traditional dialect and sung it around the mountain, and left eggs near a couple of snake holes and all has been well since.

I'm 1 3/4 hours from the ocean and in the mountains also. I don't get down there anywhere near as often as I would like, usually once a year. There is a great spot I have for safe rock fishing so will definitely hit that one up first and spend some time invoking and listening before dusk and the fishing gets going. Very much looking forward to some dawn and dusk meditation watching the sun come up over the water.