Myrrh ink

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

Topic author
Berenike
Neophyte

Re: Myrrh ink

Post#11 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:32 am

Asahel wrote:If you insist on using "doctored" inks better get a dip pen instead.

That is in fact what I ended up doing.

I can't speak to the effectiveness or magical properties of the ink as such, being that it was only a smaller part of a larger picture, but it did its part without bleeding or otherwise getting in the way due to doctoring (I wrote on papyrus, your mileage may vary with differently absorbent materials).

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:45 pm

ash does not become ink, youre looking for fine carbon soot, not the ash itself.

aside from that, stephen flowers presents a perfectly usable version. Also i suggest looking into how to make inks with pigments.. youtube has a wealth of information. you can even whip up inks out of dollar store mica pigments (sold as "eyeshadow", just look for powdery metallicness) and a drop of dishsoap as a surfactent in alcohol. this and other powders can also be added to "acrylic extender" and small amounts of water to make acrylic inks. so many ways.. maybe i should write a little piece about making ink.
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Nashimiron
Adeptus Minor

Post#13 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 am

nipha333 wrote:.. maybe i should write a little piece about making ink.

Please do. I for one am always keen to get more little bits of practical tips. And I'd like to know where Stephen Flowers process can be found.

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#14 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 am

Nashimiron wrote:

Please do. I for one am always keen to get more little bits of practical tips. And I'd like to know where Stephen Flowers process can be found.

flowers=
4 drams myrrh
3 figs
7 date pits
7 dried pinecones
7 piths of the single stemmed wormwood
7 leaves of buckthorn
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Nashimiron
Adeptus Minor

Post#15 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:17 am

nipha333 wrote:
Nashimiron wrote:

flowers=
4 drams myrrh
3 figs
7 date pits
7 dried pinecones
7 leaves of buckthorn

Cheers! This looks familiar, is it one from the PGM?

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#16 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Nashimiron wrote:
nipha333 wrote:
Nashimiron wrote:

flowers=
4 drams myrrh
3 figs
7 date pits
7 dried pinecones
7 leaves of buckthorn

Cheers! This looks familiar, is it one from the PGM?

it is the one stephen flowers gives in hermetic magic