The Bornless Ritual & The Holy Guardian Angel

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Re: The Bornless Ritual & The Holy Guardian Angel

Post#61 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 am

Nashimiron wrote:
There is certainly a Samaritan Gnostic link here. Interestingly enough, it was in one of the Gnostic texts that I found a way to fudge it (as a purely intellectual exercise of course) to make the Headless One be the supreme Unbegotten God ( = The Bornless One). I'll have to check which text it is in later. The text says the gods have no bodies, only heads, which are the stars. And where the supreme god is there are no stars .'. no head .'. Headless God = Bornless One. :angelic

Well that is at least an elegant fudge because it then puts the supreme deity IMO as a pure consciousness and in that context the lesser gods having heads as a more nuanced or more individuated consciousness. It also intimates that the supreme god is way beyond our comprehension by those who have heads.

In most Abrahamic religions, in the context of your "fudge" one of the problems I have is that fact that the supreme god is given gender (why) or two right hands (Islam) (why again) both of these are more indicative of the lesser (i.e. headed) gods.

Interesting thought.

Thanks

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Magister C
Philosophus

Post#62 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 pm

nipha333 wrote:
Magister C wrote:
Religion in my opinion, has little to do with a LHP Magician.

Unless we are creating it.

I think it was Timothy Leary who one said, and I paraphrase, religions were all created by men, so you may as well create your own.

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#63 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Magister C wrote:
nipha333 wrote:
Magister C wrote:
Religion in my opinion, has little to do with a LHP Magician.

Unless we are creating it.

I think it was Timothy Leary who one said, and I paraphrase, religions were all created by men, so you may as well create your own.

Lol. Yes Im not sure about the quote particularly but I know LSD has a tendency to "godmode" people, so I can see Leary saying that.
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Nashimiron
Adeptus Minor

Post#64 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 am

Pablo wrote:In most Abrahamic religions, in the context of your "fudge" one of the problems I have is that fact that the supreme god is given gender (why)

Probably because they are not really monotheistic, there is no supreme god in the bible. Just several gods, all competing to be thought of as supreme. In mythic language, they kill all of the gods of other nations, until one of their gods is the only one left, then he gets to say he is the true god because he is the last one standing.

Pablo wrote:or two right hands (Islam) (why again)

I don't know, but he may encounter problems in the lavatory due to Arab etiquette. From a tale about a jinn who only has the right hand side of his body:

...in the land of the Arabs one may wipe the bum only with the left hand. The laws of etiquette so prescribe it, therefore Shikk is forever looking for men to enslave them in their dreams and make them perform this task for him.

The Arabian Nightmare

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#65 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 pm

can i petition to have this moved to the papyri section of the site? regardless is mathers or crowley called it by bornless or samekh or what have you, its still really just PGM 96-172
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Cardinal Pugwash
Practicus

Post#66 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am

Nashimiron wrote:There is certainly a Samaritan Gnostic link here. Interestingly enough, it was in one of the Gnostic texts that I found a way to fudge it (as a purely intellectual exercise of course) to make the Headless One be the supreme Unbegotten God ( = The Bornless One). I'll have to check which text it is in later. The text says the gods have no bodies, only heads, which are the stars. And where the supreme god is there are no stars .'. no head .'. Headless God = Bornless One. :angelic

Seems totally viable to me.

’σὲ καλῶ τὸν ἀκέφαλον, (se kalow ton akephalon). "You I call, the headless (one)".

According to the Oxford Classical Greek Dictionary, κέφαλη (kephalei) can mean 'head', 'end', 'point', 'source' or 'top'.

You I invoke, the headless one.
You I invoke, the endless one.
The infinite one.
The sourceless one.
The beginningless one.

All of those possibilities seem applicable to the supreme unbegotten god. Even 'headless' if we were to assume that the supreme god doesn't have an ego or specific locality as such.

Maybe you're not just fudging it.
Did that archangel pinch my ciggies?