The infamous PGM

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

Topic author
Magick La Croix
Neophyte

The infamous PGM

Post#1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 pm

I know this topic has been covered before but I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried the request for a dream oracle rite? The reason I ask is because of the words that have to be recited....they are Egyptian and I was curious who has done it and what results occured...

johnblend
Philosophus

Re: The infamous PGM

Post#2 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Is this a lamp divination or? the one where you recite the words to the lamp. You will have to be a bit more specific.

otherwise the best thing to find out how it works is to just do it.

Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Yes, please provide book and line numbers.
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

Topic author
Magick La Croix
Neophyte

Post#4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Sorry about that....yes the one where you recite the words to the lamp.

You write these words on a clean linen cloth and soak it in olive oil and burn it....and then before going to sleep go back to the 'lamp' and say the words. I would have BEEN done the ritual if I knew how to pronounce the words...

Topic author
Magick La Croix
Neophyte

Post#5 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:30 pm

PGM VII. 359-69

johnblend
Philosophus

Post#6 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 pm

With the pronouciation you will be fine.

here for instance is an article on the vowel sound. That blog is a great resource and i think the writer is a regular contributor here on S.A.

http://voces-magicae.com/2014/12/26/vowel-sounds-in-the-pgm/

the heptasphere/calling on the sevenths is a nice balancing ritual if you want to dip your toes in the pgm stream. It involves chanting vowels so you will familiarize and learn them quickly.

Topic author
Magick La Croix
Neophyte

Post#7 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:42 am

johnblend wrote:With the pronouciation you will be fine.

here for instance is an article on the vowel sound. That blog is a great resource and i think the writer is a regular contributor here on S.A.

http://voces-magicae.com/2014/12/26/vowel-sounds-in-the-pgm/

the heptasphere/calling on the sevenths is a nice balancing ritual if you want to dip your toes in the pgm stream. It involves chanting vowels so you will familiarize and learn them quickly.

Thanks for your help. ...much appreciated

Gilbertopb
Magister Templi

Post#8 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:33 am

One aspect of magick rites we have some topics is about pronounciation.

Well, my main language is portuguese, so Latin, Greek, Italian and even Hebrew names have some better sound and more related with my main language.
A simple sugestion is watch some movies at Youtube to get an idea about the language even if you don't understand it.
Phonetics study help too. Any good dictionary present the phonetic spell for each word.

But remember an interesting aspect, and we observe this with time: the spirits may understand translated text to your own language. If not, how they may get what you are asking for?
Ok, PGM have a lot of barbarian names, so tell it the better you can. It will work and as you do to improve your learning, practice always is the better.

For sure, using the original words works even better and why? Simple. Think you have a guest and he will feel pleasured due your work to make it better. This work is an offering too, it add energy to your ritual!

The dreams oracle will work. Do as you can, they will work.

What fear for? Monsters at dreams? :rofl

Sorry, sometimes they happens and some can be really very bloody and ugly but usually you will awake before pissing pants and attract some demons to fuck your life for until you remember to do a cleaning bath.
Well, some need more than a bath... be ready to run to your temple room and do banishings... I'm serious, I have done it sometimes.... :rofl

Don't mind, with time and practice to lucid dreams you will be able to go faraway and learn a lot .

Remember to always ask for spiritual partners to protect you at that realms and for clear replies to your questions.

AnthonyArcanum
Neophyte

Post#9 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:47 am

Hi. I am working with This book myself, requests asking for line and number are correct in that This is a massive work all over the place, The markers were added so that we can find what we need and want with ease, I always say that This is a gift handed down to us that needs a great deal of study

Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

Post#10 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 am

PGM is so trendy these days. You guys do realise its just rehashed Zoroastrianism and Chaldaean magic brought across the Aegean...nope. No historians around? Nope. I'm talkin' to myself. Ok. I'm gonna go sit in the corner with the history nerds and read a book :geek:
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire