The infamous PGM

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

nipha333
Philosophus

Re: The infamous PGM

Post#41 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:47 am

Astar_Mundi wrote:Q: What is the difference between a numerology obsessed conspiracy lunatic who applies Gematria and Numerology to everything in life, and a Magician?

A: The Magician's Gematria is correct enough of the time to keep him sort of sane.

Lol, good point, but honestly, magicians that rely or spend any large amount of time on gematria tend to be just as ass backward and armchairish as the dumbasses who think mcdonalds is a satanist illuminati organization cause numbers and like symbols n stuffs
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

Post#42 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 am

nipha333 wrote:
Astar_Mundi wrote:Q: What is the difference between a numerology obsessed conspiracy lunatic who applies Gematria and Numerology to everything in life, and a Magician?

A: The Magician's Gematria is correct enough of the time to keep him sort of sane.

Lol, good point, but honestly, magicians that rely or spend any large amount of time on gematria tend to be just as ass backward and armchairish as the dumbasses who think mcdonalds is a satanist illuminati organization cause numbers and like symbols n stuffs

But but...when you order Large Golden Fries and put them together you form a ...Golden Cross! The fries are therefore a symbol of dipping Christ in boiling fat - just as when Lucifer fell and arose in the "boiling lake of sulphur" in Milton's Paradise Lost, and smothering him in salt - which symbolising the Dead Sea the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls, containing the ancient buried wisdom of Christ, were found. In short, Nipha, every time you ask for Extra Large Fries - you are unwittingly drawn into an occult rite of darkness whereby you, the innocent Fry eater, unwillingly symbolise the Fall of Lucifer and the Crufixion of Christ and the burying of his true wisdom amidst ancient salty caves!
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#43 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:56 am

Astar_Mundi wrote:
nipha333 wrote:

But but...when you order Large Golden Fries and put them together you form a ...Golden Cross! The fries are therefore a symbol of dipping Christ in boiling fat - just as when Lucifer fell and arose in the "boiling lake of sulphur" in Milton's Paradise Lost, and smothering him in salt - which symbolising the Dead Sea the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls, containing the ancient buried wisdom of Christ, were found. In short, Nipha, every time you ask for Extra Large Fries - you are unwittingly drawn into an occult rite of darkness whereby you, the innocent Fry eater, unwillingly symbolise the Fall of Lucifer and the Crufixion of Christ and the burying of his true wisdom amidst ancient salty caves!

Well shit, jesus bless my soul, good thing i dont eat mcdonalds
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

Shatteredzen
Practicus

Post#44 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:32 am

nipha333 wrote:
Astar_Mundi wrote:A burgeoning fascination with Egyptian Alien conspiracies are a fantastic way to check whether you have spent too much time reading and doing magic and have begun to lose track with common society, maybe on a permanent basis.

Is this a bad thing? Yes or No.

I would argue that people that think this way arent doing too much magic, or losing track with common society, the people who tend to think this way are the exact opposite, people that spend too much time with societies religion, television and the internet.

Anyway, I dont think the papyri are trendy, I think it is more the fact that people are getting sick of silly interpretations of the same old crap, and there is more value put on source material.

I concur, it is actually refreshing to see people reading the source material rather than relying on peoples rehashed or personal interpretations. From a historical standpoint, the PGM gives a bit of insight intoa time period where a lot of cross pollination was taking place. Zoroastrianism was being influenced by the early Christians, the Manicheists, the Yazidi and the pre Hellenistic cults to name a few. It is all part of that mish mash but I dont think you can simply attribute all of it to Zoroaster, thats oversimplifying it.

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#45 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 pm

can i petition to have this moved to the pgm section?