Odd Insights into Hekate

Syncretic Egyptian / Graeco-Roman magic from the collection of texts known as the Papyri Graecae Magicae.

nipha333
Philosophus

Re: Odd Insights into Hekate

Post#161 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Pleiades wrote:
nipha333 wrote:
Pleiades wrote:True and there would have been a lot more excellent ones if Mike had not been so biased in his selecting.

He rejected everything i sent in the last few years of it, and then if i remember correctly he published one of my hekate poems. My poetry is always published under the name "snoe white absinthium" and i threw piles of it at every pagan/witchy/magic publication of the era that accepted poetry. more than i expected got printed, most didnt

Yours would be a familiar story.Ironically toward the end Mike included rubbish from people who had long been avoided by the more serious members of the community.Scraping the barrel was I thonk the phrase floating around to describe that.

Like Monsnoleedra says,you should post the poems here if you have time.

I wish I could. That folder was destroyed in a flood, and sadly, all the copies of the issues of those publications when they ran the work, were in the same boxes that the water got. I have a hope that the original drafts of them are in a box which is at a family members house on the other side of the country, so maybe one day. Most neopagan/wiccan/magickal print stuff went under so i cant get them from the magazines either.

I also once had a very large collection of hekate notes, well used rituals and various things. Those were confiscated by the police from the backseat of my car because when they searched the vehicle they found where i had consecrated the cover with blood, and gave me some bullshit about it being evidence for a possible crime. :toss :toss :toss :toss :toss :toss

moral of the story is, i think when she is readdy to give me new toys to play with, she is like a hacker erasing her footprints from the previous adventure.
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

monsnoleedra
Philosophus

Post#162 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:50 pm

nipha333 wrote: I wish I could. That folder was destroyed in a flood, and sadly, all the copies of the issues of those publications when they ran the work, were in the same boxes that the water got. I have a hope that the original drafts of them are in a box which is at a family members house on the other side of the country, so maybe one day. Most neopagan/wiccan/magickal print stuff went under so i cant get them from the magazines either.

I also once had a very large collection of hekate notes, well used rituals and various things. Those were confiscated by the police from the backseat of my car because when they searched the vehicle they found where i had consecrated the cover with blood, and gave me some bullshit about it being evidence for a possible crime. :toss :toss :toss :toss :toss :toss

moral of the story is, i think when she is readdy to give me new toys to play with, she is like a hacker erasing her footprints from the previous adventure.

Sorry to hear that.

Not quite the same but I can relate to loosing research notes, material and stuff. By the time my military career had come to an end after 24 years I had lost all of my stuff pretty much over multiple moves. What I didn't loose in the moves I lost due to hard drive failures or loaning things out to people.

Been both costly and time consuming to try and rebuild my library and research material. Unfortunately, there are things I never could locate again. Memory is nice to fall back upon but it is also fickle in my opinion so hard to use for citing things. But sure doesn't mean she won't put a bee in my head about something and make me seek and seek about some obscure aspect of her's.

It's like she returns to the idea of ritual black water and it's usage at Lagina. I think it's for fire scrying but it's not a burning liquid that I get from her. So I wonder if it's reflection or refraction as one gazes into the water / surface. But when you put your hands into the water it's plain water, no stain upon the skin so it's not inked and the bowl is not black, nor is it done at night. Only thing I'm not completely ruled out is a black veil over the eyes or face but maybe sheer so you "See" through it but not truly with earthly sight. Would make it liminal sight if I am seeing it correctly.

But darn if I can find references to it in anything so far.
Can't Never Did Nothing Till It Tried!

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#163 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:15 am

monsnoleedra wrote:
nipha333 wrote: I wish I could. That folder was destroyed in a flood, and sadly, all the copies of the issues of those publications when they ran the work, were in the same boxes that the water got. I have a hope that the original drafts of them are in a box which is at a family members house on the other side of the country, so maybe one day. Most neopagan/wiccan/magickal print stuff went under so i cant get them from the magazines either.

Sorry to hear that.

Not quite the same but I can relate to loosing research notes, material and stuff. By the time my military career had come to an end after 24 years I had lost all of my stuff pretty much over multiple moves. What I didn't loose in the moves I lost due to hard drive failures or loaning things out to people.

Been both costly and time consuming to try and rebuild my library and research material. Unfortunately, there are things I never could locate again. Memory is nice to fall back upon but it is also fickle in my opinion so hard to use for citing things. But sure doesn't mean she won't put a bee in my head about something and make me seek and seek about some obscure aspect of her's.

It's like she returns to the idea of ritual black water and it's usage at Lagina. I think it's for fire scrying but it's not a burning liquid that I get from her. So I wonder if it's reflection or refraction as one gazes into the water / surface. But when you put your hands into the water it's plain water, no stain upon the skin so it's not inked and the bowl is not black, nor is it done at night. Only thing I'm not completely ruled out is a black veil over the eyes or face but maybe sheer so you "See" through it but not truly with earthly sight. Would make it liminal sight if I am seeing it correctly.

But darn if I can find references to it in anything so far.

funny you say that about the black water. in my evokation ritual sequence i have a section called "blackening of the waters" which is focused on the skrying water
'Goetic Magic … if properly understood would regenerate Western magic and underline its immense cultural significance, on a level equal to any spiritual tradition in the world.' -JSK

monsnoleedra
Philosophus

Post#164 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:25 am

nipha333 wrote: funny you say that about the black water. in my evokation ritual sequence i have a section called "blackening of the waters" which is focused on the skrying water

Would you care to share that? Not sure it would clarify what I'm seeking but it might. If nothing else might give some other venues of discussion for this Hekate thread.

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#165 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:34 pm

monsnoleedra wrote:
nipha333 wrote: funny you say that about the black water. in my evokation ritual sequence i have a section called "blackening of the waters" which is focused on the skrying water

Would you care to share that? Not sure it would clarify what I'm seeking but it might. If nothing else might give some other venues of discussion for this Hekate thread.

i fully intend to type up the experience as it relates to the iota routi document ive posted here in the forums. i meant to type them yesterday while my wife was in surgery, didnt happen, now shes home and im playing CNA lol. i will get to it soon!

monsnoleedra
Philosophus

Post#166 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 pm

nipha333 wrote:
monsnoleedra wrote:

i fully intend to type up the experience as it relates to the iota routi document ive posted here in the forums. i meant to type them yesterday while my wife was in surgery, didnt happen, now shes home and im playing CNA lol. i will get to it soon!

Definitely take care of the wife first. One thing I've discovered about Hekate is when she wants it to come to you it comes in it's time.

nipha333
Philosophus

Post#167 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 pm

monsnoleedra wrote:
nipha333 wrote:
monsnoleedra wrote:

Definitely take care of the wife first. One thing I've discovered about Hekate is when she wants it to come to you it comes in it's time.

Agreed. also, I just managed to figure out a way to get the iota-routi document IN the thread instead of only a link to download the PDF, viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17101&p=195840#p195840

this is where the write up of the typhonic initiation and the Apep thing will be posted.

Return to “Greek Magical Papyri (PGM)”