Ambiguous goals in step 1 breathing exercises

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
Samson
Neophyte

Ambiguous goals in step 1 breathing exercises

Post#1 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:27 am

Hello, I am rather new to this forum but I have been working through Bardons first step for a little over a month now and have made some progress. In Bardons section on the mystery of breathing as part of the magical training of the physical body, he describes four goals that should be worked through in order. These goals were health, calmness, contentment and success. I am currently on health, but the issue is, how am I supposed to know when I've reached "health"? I am not a particularly unhealthy person to begin with, should I just continue with the exercises until whatever physical problems I have go away? Bardon defines health in the Theory section on the physical body as "a complete harmony of the energies that work in respect of the fundamental attributes of the elements". Will I know intuitively when this harmony is achieved? As for the other goals I have not gotten to yet, calmness and contentment are somewhat more concrete, but what about success? The editor of my edition says that by success means the sum total of the first three goals, but shouldn't these goals have already been accomplished before proceeding?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login