Initation Into Hermetics - A Primer

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Initation Into Hermetics - A Primer

Post#1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:26 am

I get these questions sometimes, and I see alot of would be practitioners out there struggle
with getting past the first few steps of Initiation Into Hermetics, and to be honest – I can
see why. I have my own opinions on the matter but besides that, I thought I'd share some
tips on what I see aspirants normally go wrong with,

Be Patient: Don’t be in a rush. If you are trying to learn magick because there is an emergency
that magick can resolve, don’t bother – it’s not going to work out for you. If you hit a plateau,
take a step back, do other things, then go back to the material. I find that re-visiting a step
after stepping back and doing other things gives a new perspective.

Don’t Be Stuck On Meditation: It helps lower and control the noise, which is needed to do inner
alchemy and connect to subtle energies out there but this is not necessary for magick; a cool,
calm, focused mind is what is mostly needed. Do the exercises but do not get hung up on it.
It’s a lifelong learning process to enjoy meditation to its’ fullest extent.

Start Doing The Elemental Energy Exercise: Step IV is Bardons version of the Western Middle
Pillar/Eastern Kundalini. Start doing this exercise as soon as you can. This is where your
foundation for your magick is.

Authority: The B&W Soul Mirrors – not many people ask about this exercise, and I’d like to
assume because they are doing this in private but I think not many are doing this at all, and
are so stuck on the meditation steps that they don’t realize how important this step is. Not
only does this exercise mentally balance your elemental makeup (which coincidentally helps
balance your spiritual makeup as well) but it also strengthens your “authority” in magick
(spiritual authority, true will, whatever you want to call it). This is actually quite important
as it affects your energy work, working with entities, etc.

Be Flexible: Read and explore other traditions. I’ve had many paths and many masters on
this journey (figurative masters, I’ve only had 1 real master in my life) and all those things
helped me figure out things in IIH and think of new ideas on how to approach and study this book.

I hope this helps more aspirants out there with IIH. It concerns me when so many aspirants
out there try to work with this, and not get anywhere.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login