The Majestic Online Diary of StGermain

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
StGermain
Neophyte

The Majestic Online Diary of StGermain

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Greetings Fraters and Sorors,

As I have already discussed in an other topic, I am about to write an online diary containing my notes and experiences over my daily routine experineces which I intend to update regularly. This is my first entry and my first try at writing a more serious blog/post on a forum. Also, english is not my mother tongue, thus you shall not expect it to be anything professional.

Now, enough of the excuses, and let us begin.

I have been doing IIH for a while now, implementing Frater Veos' 57 page commentary in the original opus, to enhance my chances at success. I dare to say that I've done steps I and II just enough to go on to the next ones, and am now on step III's mental exercises. First, I started off by 'creating' a suitable test enviorement in my mind, which is a plain black three dimensional surface, in which I can 'summon' up mental objects. As the commentary recommends it, I practice twice a day for 15 minutes, and an additional 5 mins I'm doing pore breathing, 'cause I'm still not entirely sure I do that one right. The first session in the morning -which is 1pm for me-, I used to combine visual imagination with auditorial, then in the evening, I switched to toucing and feeling various objects while seeing them. After a month I discovered that I can do it fluently, so I had to find something more challenging. At this point I started to notice that, when I'm in any mental enviorement, be that my imaginary workplace or a hot desert, an icy cave, I can't 'feel' the heat, the cold, my own body taking steps, walking around, climbing on things, and when I tried, the whole thing switched to 'third-person' and the picture shattered to pieces. As it seems, I have found challange, and got the idea that to be fully immersed in these scenes I have to relocate my body awarness to the said place. At this point I am trying to do that getting closer to the goal every day.

I am going to use abbreviations to name the exercises, where S refers to "Step", the roman numerals refer to the number of step I'm on, the second letter to one of the three parts in the step, Spirit being "M" (mental), Sould being "S", and physical "P". The number at the end means the time I've been doing it.

Day No. 1:
IIH SII-P 5'

I have been doing this one for a while, and from time to time I believe I have finally understood it and am able to do it easly. Days liek this show me that it is not entirely the case. I was lying there like a log, trying to feel my skin breathing, while it felt like an empty hangar with the doors open, filled with a huge amount of air and nothingness, without pressure. After struggling a good 5 mins, I made myself believe "I'm a sponge sucking up life force" but it felt like I was raping my psyche. This gave me a reason to leave it be untill the evening session.

IIH SIII-M 15'

I figured it would be nice to feel the cold breeze of the mediterranian wind on my neck, see the greenish sea below my feet, standing on an 18th century ship with all of it's cracking noises mixed with the sound of seagulls nearby. Seagulls and the coastal areas were actually present, while the whole ship was a perspectival chaos. I saw the textures, the painting coming off the wooden hull, but the whole thing was just not plastic. After 10 minutes, it started to get together, as I was going deeper in my mind.

This is it for today, I hope you enjoyed it, and wish to see more updates coming. I'm looking forward to your responses regarding my work.

StGermain

This topic has 61 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login