IIH: Correcting bad habits

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
Bronco
Neophyte

IIH: Correcting bad habits

Post#1 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:37 am

I read the theory section of IIH again and again and also the first two chapters of the practical section and I think I have grasped at least the main teachings.

I want to work after the IIH 100% and I want to understand it all, but I've got this problem:

In the theoretical section he explaines the dual aspect (plus and minus) of the elements. OK so far.
In the first stage of the practical section the reader shall analyze good and bad habits and correlate them to the elements and their polarities. I did that.

At this point I was very curious to read further on and to learn HOW to "cure" my negative fiery habit to be flaring up sometimes (only an example), but stage two disappoints me. I expected someting like specifically adding a minus-watery component or an aimed reduction of the negative-fiery habit or something like that, but I was left alone just with a) autosuggestion, b) transmutation and c) willpower as "instruments" to achieve the change.

a) is nice, but it does not draw into account the polarity of the elements - or does not draw the theory of the elements at all... Autosuggestion works, but how to apply the element-theory with?
b) ...through autosuggestion or meditattion... again, same like a)
c) willpower - Boy, I'm trying that for years now but the old stupid Bronco isn't that easy to change...

There is a huge gap between the highly sophisticated claim in the theoretical section and the practical advice following and since he says clearly the scholar should not proceed on with the next chapter until he has mastered the balance of the elements within himself I ask again: HOW? Well, I defenitely need a personal chage, but HOW?
He leaves the reader alone with his problems.... Being highly demanding on the one side and leaving the reader alone with the question how to achieve that is a bad style IMO.

And, NO, it is not a question of not being "my cup of tea"! The kind of magic that Bardon teaches IS my cup of tea, but I ask how to achieve personal change acoording to his element-theory he spread out in the theoretical section. Does he conceal something? What is it?

This topic has 48 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login