Servant spirits

Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

Topic author
BlueMagician
Adeptus Minor

Servant spirits

Post#1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Servant spirits are funny. Here are some thoughts.

The pop culture view of a servant spirit is well represented by Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice:

https://video.disney.com/watch/sorcerer ... 59a5867853

Here, a magician's apprentice is told by his master to mop the floor and carry buckets of water. When the master leaves, the apprentice picks up the master's wizard hat and starts to enchant brooms. the brooms grow arms and start carrying buckets of water. At some point the apprentice wants them to stop but cannot. Chaos ensues until the master comes back.

For a long time I have had a very hazy idea of what it means to have servant spirits, but now I have a much better concept of them after observing some of their workings in my life. For example, I have a servant spirit that helps me queue the "right" songs for my mood and goals, affecting playlist selection and random shuffles to bring about the result. They work with other spirits too. They can produce major results as well, increasing your wealth, or the level of magnetic attraction you exact towards other people. Losing mastery of a servant spirit means that you no longer have a choice over whether they carry out their duty or not, and how and when they do it.

By the way, I feel that the lines between servant spirits and elementals/elementaries are heavily blurred. The mechanisms of inception might be different and some other nuances, but as you merge your consciousness with those of deities and spirit kings, it can become hard to discern between them, as their essential nature is to be a program in your consciousness.

Have you had similar experiences? How do servant spirits work for you?

BM

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login