Why you need a professional's help.

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
LegbasCrossroads
Adeptus Minor

Why you need a professional's help.

Post#1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:57 pm

My name is Rocky, I am an houngan asogwe. It is by right within the religion I practice to say: If you are seeking to work with the Lwa, Orisha, Kimbanda, Kongo spirits etc.. You should seek out a competent practitioner.

These are religious systems that you seek to practice. Some of the ancestral lines of priesthood can be traced back for generations. The spirits within these traditions can have hot and fiery constitutions that can be disruptive if not deadly for the dabbler. I have seen with my own eyes people that were properly initiated take on more than they can handle and have a disastrous time. I'm talking: mental illness, physical illness, and death.

Yes, there will be money involved. What that money goes to is not your business, but if you must know it is probably going to cover the expenses that the practitioner has: food, rent. clothing, offerings etc.. The spirits consider their priests to be their care takers and more often than not the spirits tell their priests what to charge.

Does this mean that you may get taken advantage of? Well, that is up to your own discretion. YOU are responsible for the person you choose to work with. YOU are the one that defines the relationship. YOU are the one who lacks discernment. Some doctors will sell you surgery when all you need is antibiotics because they make more money on the surgery. Likewise, if you do not shop around you will not know who is authentic or not. In fact, the authentic person might just take you for a ride because they know how naïve you are.

Beware of anyone who offers you initiation right of the bat. In most of these traditions, outsiders may spend years of coming and going and attending ceremonies before they are fully initiated. Personally, anyone seeking initiation from my house needs to spend some time learning and practicing before I consider them for initiation, the minimum amount of time is a year.

Can someone establish a relationship with these beings without being initiated? The answer is quite complicated. Some individuals who were raised in or around these traditions will be able to work with some of these beings, as they are ancestral powers that have been passed on. Outsiders are better off waiting to see if these beings pursue them through dreams and visions. I became who I am now because the spirits began to invade my dreams and shook up my life until I complied.

Will initiation improve your life? That is entirely up to you. You have to put in the time and the effort to work with the spirits the right way to improve your condition.

Can you improve your life without ATR spirits? Absolutely. In fact, the same amount of discipline is required to work with the Goetia or any other system for that matter.

Open yourselves up to spiritual influence and pray to your ancestors, and they will guide you to the path you need to be on.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login