Questions relating to Pomba Gira Maria Padilha

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
guad89
Zelator

Questions relating to Pomba Gira Maria Padilha

Post#1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Hello everyone. I have a question I'd like to make for those who have worked with the Pomba giras of Umbanda and/or are initiated into the religion.

The situation goes like this.

A year Ago when I was living in Los Angeles I made an offering to Pomba Gira Maria Padilha asking her to give me some luck in my romantic life. I had been playing the field, going out, and meeting a lot of people but I wasnt too lucky with finding something serious. A friend of mine who's a Santero, but was familiar with Pomba gira recommended I offer her something at a T cross road and promise to give her another offering if my wish was fulfilled.

I gave the offering at the only T crossroad nearby, but due to some construction I didnt place the offerings directly on the street. What I did was place everything several feet behind on the sidewalk since it was the only place suitable to leave the offerings.

My question now is, does it matter where the offerings were left and how long would it take for Pomba Gira to begin her work?
I ask this because a year and 4 months has passed and I'm now living in Argentina. Just recently I've met someone and its starting to get serious.

I'm having some doubts about this being a result of pomba gira's work, but at the same time I'm a bit worried because I've been told that if the Exus and pomba giras arent paid for their work, they can turn your life into a living hell.
I've even been told by some of the Umbandistas in the area that the Exus work very quickly, much quicker than the Orixás.

What does everyone think about this situation? any thoughts?

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login