Where do I get music from?

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
DarkPhoenix777
Neophyte

Where do I get music from?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:28 am

Voodoo and santeria practices are very hard to come across when you live in the UK. Go south east US and you'll find it everywhere but in the UK zip! I got turned on to it by someone who's orisha/loa is different to the one that chose me and doing rituals together is a bit weird.

Also my practices can be somewhat comical when I try and allow the spirit to ride me and solitary practice is often preferred but without mates banging bad rhythms it has become quite tranquil. I think I need some music or to meet up with friends who want to use similar orishas. Does anyone else have any suggestions. I use Elleguá and Changó. The songs I use are Eshu Elewa and ibarakou for ellegua and Babami Chango and vamos comer caruru for chango.

The main reason for having it was to have a practice that was different from my other practices so I could learn to use crazy rhythms to achieve altered states etc and find altered states through less tranquil practices. Also to use the crazy dancing and singing to improve my voice and physical fitness (according to my BMI I'm verging on obese and fatter than 71% of the populace. nice! Lol).

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login