Marinette Pieds-sèches

Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Kimbanda, Umbanda, Candomble, Catimbo, 21 Divisions, Santeria, etc.

Topic author
Carys
Neophyte

Marinette Pieds-sèches

Post#1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:21 am

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Lwa Marinette Pieds-Sèches, or Bras sèches (for brevity's sake I'll refer to her as Marinette). http://voodoo.101projects101days.com/loa/marinette/

Basically the information I can find about her on the internet says that she was once a woman vodou priest, who sacrificed herself to free Haiti from the French regime, in the 18th century. After she died, she became an Lwa, and according to Bokor Leonard Elmera (he does youtube videos about haitian beliefs and more), she could be considered an 'intranquil spirit'.

I already found a good topic on this site about how to work with traditional Haitian Lwa if you're western
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2014
The one thing I worry about, is how not to anger her. Marinette is a powerful lwa, and if she decides to help she could work fast, but must be approached in the right way, with the right respect. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience working with lwa. Any advice would be appreciated, I'd like to try to call on her and make my petition this week.

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login