Public Lecture in Philadelphia - CHAOS Sigil Magick

Announcements, Information and Site Suggestions.

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Public Lecture in Philadelphia - CHAOS Sigil Magick

Post#1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm

I will be lecturing 4pm on Saturday December 10th at Thelesis Lodge in Philadelphia the 10th in Philadelphia on 5 approaches to sigil magick. This has been requested for month, and it is finally time to deliver. My next lecture after this will be Dec 17th, a week from the day. It is not just a lecture - it is a workshop format that will explore 5 different types of sigil construction methods that serve to illustrate dynamics of sigil magick, and to serve as a timeline. This is an initiated perspective, but with LOTS of room to innovate. I am the Deputy Lodge Master at Thelesis Lodge O.T.O. and we are well known for being VERY tolerant and conducive to people of any faith or lifestyle (exclusive of seriously illegal or nutso stuff), including Pagan, Christian, Jews, and Satanists. We promote diversity and stand as a very much civil and respectful group. We do not convert or recruit. Many people come having no knowledge or interest in Crowley. Our local meetings are held in gated but public building in the Fishtown area around 2nd and Girard in Philadelphia in a building with many performance groups, fitness class, artist collects and even an internet radio station of Philly urban music(rap, rnb, etc. mostly). We have members of all kinds of experience levels and interests. I stand as one of the most experienced, with my reputation in the order spanning from California to New York as a strong asset to the Order who has lectured and visited bodies from coast to coast to speak. PM me for the address. Hope to see ya there!

More at http://www.localendar.com/public/Thelesis

At 6pm, Frater W.I.T. will be giving a lecture on working with Tarot. I believe he will specifically be approaching this from the Book T approach as redacted by Aleister Crowley. He is certainly worth sticking around for. I believe his approach will be mostly in line with Book T and Crowley's Book of Thoth.

Here is the blurb from my presentation at 4:

CHAOS Sigils – Exercising Macrocosmic Buying Power through structuralized application of Catalytic Heuretic Alphabetic Occultic Symbolization

Catalytic – a component not inherently related to a process or event which precipitates it without being involved in the consequences.
Heuretic – the logic that governs discovery or invention or graduation of idea.
Alphabetic - A system of characters or symbols representing sounds which when combined represent persons, objects and actions and transitive states.
Occult – Beyond realms of conventional supposed human comprehension.
Symbolization – Practice of representing things with a conveyable image.

Join Frater Luce Magistra (i.e. Raum215) for a engaging mini-workshop experience detailing and demonstrating the organized practice of encoding desires and how to manifest them. As a magician with a vast knowledge and experience base, he is well suited to point out how most everything detailing sigil magick and Chaos Magick in general is steeped in misconception and to explain some of the most important parts of the formula of sigil magick have nothing to do with the created image. In the context of Chaos Magick, Frater Luce Magistra is an Initiate of Templi Nyx Oroboros Xaos (Templi NOX), a founding member of Autonomatrix who entered the first grand scale macrocosmic result into the corpus, and a Fool Magus in the IOT (DJ s). Each of these roles has led to him receiving and later providing and organizing instruction in the science of CHAOS Sigils. This lecture is based on the unofficial lesson he would give to Novice Chaotes when they requested his assistance or guidance.

Five specific models will be the focus of instruction, each with contingencies and ties to Thelema and Magick as a whole to enrich and empower the process of obtaining something, and to illustrate the timeline and development of the art of CHAOS Sigils. Please bring paper (natural undyed parchment or vellum is preferred and available at a staples or kinkos), a surface to write on, and an ordinary graphite pencil. Expect to have the following questions answered for yourself, and to be encouraged to share your answers:

1. What do you, through Personal experience, KNOW that magick can accomplish?

2. What do you hope, by desire, that magick can accomplish that you would DARE to do?

3. What WILL you be risking to take a serious portion of your time and money to study magick?

4. Who do you know that you must be SILENT about magick with?

5. What part does your will have in preventing and accomplishing this?
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login