Working with Arzel correctly

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
silverfirefly
Zelator

Re: Working with Arzel correctly

Post#11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Some of us can't pronounce the Z sound very well due to hearing problems. For instance I find it difficult to distinguish between Z and D. E.g. Zoo = Doo, Zebra = Debra, Zee = Dee. Etc.

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#12 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, as I just posted similarly in a thread about the need for artistic ability in seal creation ... I think your intent is far more important than the sounds coming out of your mouth.

If you are clear on the entity you're calling, the actual sounds aren't important. Arzel didn't name himself, humans did. And even without a hearing disability, the pronunciation of the human written word is going to vary so much from dialect to dialect anyway.

Just changing the emphasis from syllable to syllable would produce a quite different sound. Hell in the US, I imagine a magickian from Boston would likely be calling Ahhhhhzl and think nothing of it. All of the worries about the actual sounds, seals, and details are attempts at satisfying the rational minds of people who's personal physics models of the universe can't fathom how magick works without some material causal connection. Which leads to incredible rounds of intellectualizing, thinking that there has to be something inherent in the details beyond just the lowly human to make this "stuff" work.

Well, Newton's dead, and Einstein's worst fears are true, in that we learn there's likely no true thing called space or time. That causality and locality are subjective notions. I think if you're stuck on pronunciation, it will likely become a stumbling block. If you are worried some other entity than Might Arzel who stands in the East will show up if you bungle his name, you'll likely get what you expect.

If however you know who your're calling, without doubt, and enflame yourself in that call with certainty that Arzel will hear you and open his gates and assist you in this and all other endeavors ... then I think you'll be just fine. It's always worked for me that way.
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Topic author
silverfirefly
Zelator

Post#13 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:56 pm

@provenant Thank you. I'll be sure to take into account what you've said on the matter.

@nox I knew it was around here somewhere… http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic ... 315#p12867

As a side note, I've just stumbled across Evoking Eternity (available as a free PDF) by E.A. Koetting. Reading it now in the hope it'll give me insight into the art of evocation. Might be useful for the less experienced. *Removed Attachment*

It's become clear to me I should learn more about Arzel and other entities I plan on working with. :oops:

Moderator Note: Please do not include links to pirated books in your posts here on Evocation Magic.

The Capturing God
Neophyte

Post#14 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 am

@nox

how do you pronounce ankar ? give me a rhyming word

nox
Adeptus Minor

Post#15 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:18 am

The Capturing God wrote:@nox

how do you pronounce ankar ? give me a rhyming word

Like this :ANNKAAAAAR

Lilith Lionheart
Practicus

Post#16 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 am

Lika (Ravi Sh)AAAANNNNKAAAAR :D
https://chaoswitchbabalon.com
A sanctuary for exchanging thoughts about and experiences with magick and witchcraft.

Topic author
silverfirefly
Zelator

Post#17 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Just to update: I tried BBB's way of pronouncing Arzel - ARE ZALE (making sure I pronounced ZALE with a flatter intonation instead of saying ZAYLE as I was doing! :oops: ) and that seems to be working a lot better. ;) Thanks to BBB. :)

http://youcandomagick.wordpress.com/201 ... llo-world/

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#18 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

provenant wrote:I imagine a magickian from Boston would likely be calling Ahhhhhzl and think nothing of it.

LOL... Got a mental picture of me doing this... Your right though :)

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#19 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello silverfly,

You said he appeared twice to you, even shook your hand! I'd say he's coming to you lol. What was different this time?

I don't feel them all the time ... but they are there. Don't doubt yourself. That's key here, and a key to magick.

Know that, when YOU CALL HIM, it is the power of God calling Him ... that's what the MP, Kaballistic Cross, Bornless Ritual ... all of that is supposed to elevate your power to Godsize. God created Us in His Image... The divine spark. Have that authority when you call him.

And I would think, it's not actually your pronunciation that is the problem ... perhaps your ability to sense spirits? Personally I have trouble with astral sight, I can't see a lot of the spirits I work with. But I feel them.

Just keep at it, and be confident! Take care and keep us updated. Arzel is one of my favorites from NAP to work with.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#20 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 pm

IMO, "Learn to call me correctly" is not a reference to the pronunciation.
The being is talking about honing your evocation/invocation skills and ability to still your self and connect magically.

Language and names are for us and our filter, it's important in terms of plugging in, but the being is big enough to not lose sleep over a syllable mispronounced here and there. The old grimoires work fine and the names of angelic beings have been butchered in those things ...but they still work. The GD has apparently some small misplacements and mistakes due to old translations in their Enochian table...and it still works. They're big enough to deal with our fuck ups.

The calling correctly is about you not the word. (unless you're really making a mess of it but it doesn't sound like you are)