Is it ok to intone mentally the invocations?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Is it ok to intone mentally the invocations?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 am

I was then wondering if its just okay to just intone the invocations mentally (or aloud in our head) so that no one can hear us? Just imagine if the bedroom of your mother is just next to your room or your neighbors house is so near with yours...they will think of you as weird or ....studying mystical things or becoming you are member of a cult group or something like that when they hear me, of which I don't like them to think like that to me. :geek: :roll:
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Re: Is it ok to intone mentally the invocations?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 am

It's okay to do it that way.

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Post#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 am

Really? :o

Coz this is one thing that prevents me from practicing the NAP (and other practices that requires invocations). In one instructions there in NAP it says that I have to pronounce the Arcane names of power to open the 5 gates of power and also after the fountain ritual to say out aloud the invocation of the Bornless One. So I was then thinking that it needs some very private place to do the ritual, a place that no one would hear me doing the ritual.

Anyone really tried the invocations mentally and got the same results...same as pronouncing it aloud in the air like what the old time sorcerers does?
- Henry David Thoreau

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 am

Ideally and for the strongest effect, both speaking aloud and saying it internally are what you want. But, if you can't say it aloud, within yourself is fine. Just make sure your pronunciation is right. NAP has the right pronunciations at the bottom of each page.

I've started doing the NAP ones again and they seem to finally start showing the beginings of results. I've been focusing on the general invocation one.

ElBrujo

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 am

I have to disagree, I believe you must verbally intone the words of power. I dont know why, but they must uttered to have an effect.

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

I would at least keep saying them in your head for now while you can't speak them aloud, then do them aloud when you can. You're practicing them in the meantime and they just might be fruitful for you after all. Do what you can do, even when you can't do exactly what you want to do.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Post#7 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:59 am

ElBrujo wrote:I have to disagree, I believe you must verbally intone the words of power. I dont know why, but they must uttered to have an effect.

Will this could also be mean...it could be more better if magicians stays single and lived a place away from other people like in a mountain) so that we can utter and invoked the words of power aloud with feelings? Coz if other people could hear us and they have no knowledge bout this thing then they would think of us as a "different kind" of person that belongs to some cult group.

Anyway, if you are married and have children and you also have nosy neighbors nearby (and they are just an ordinary people)that could possibly hears you when invoking the words of power, what should you do then to avoid them thinking about us in a negative weird way?

Any advice and suggestions greatly appreciated. ;)
- Henry David Thoreau

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:06 am

If you're in a relationship where the other person doesn't know you do magick, what the hell are you doing in the relationship to begin with? And if you do it out loud, that doesn't mean shouting. 'Speaking aloud' is about using your voice and saying it strongly and with confidence.

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#9 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm

cyberpower wrote:Anyway, if you are married and have children and you also have nosy neighbors nearby (and they are just an ordinary people)that could possibly hears you when invoking the words of power, what should you do then to avoid them thinking about us in a negative weird way?

SHOULD anyone inquire, (that's a very big should, the kinds of people who fear this kind of stuff also tend to keep their mouths shut), just explain you are doing scholarly practical research into alternative languages and belief. In other words, tell the truth, but with skillful use of language such that it seems completely upstanding that you would be engaging in such practices.

Another idea, is to find the time and space (pay for it in a studio if you have to) to record yourself intoning the words out loud. Then find a good Brain Entrainment program and create a Theta Wave Entrainment. When you hit the target brain waves, your recording will play and write the words into your subconscious mind (provided you have some skill at trance, which is pretty much a pre-requisite for successful magick anyway).

If this is done, then I believe saying the words inside your own head will be effective, but only in the case where the intonations have been previously written into your subconscious mind. If you can say the whole thing in your head while your running and chewing gum, then it is safe to say that it is in your subconscious mind, and will be rendered effective when said mentally.

You are married and have kids and neighbors .... what the heck is it exactly that you are afraid of anyway? I would recommend growing a pair and doing what you feel you need to do regardless of what others think. Obviously, the health and well being of your family and community are very important considerations, but is it really a very healthy situation to begin with if their is not enough tolerance for something like magick? I would investigate your own beliefs on the subject before worrying about what others think. Perhaps you are needlessly creating this situation for yourself....

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Doesn't it disturb the magickal process then if someone who is listening is thinking "Oh gosh, now he's at it with his nonsense again, his Adoooneeeey and what not" - if the ritual is performed silently they will not think about it so much, and hence not intermingle their threads of conciousness into the ritual - do you understand what I mean?

Personally I am very strict not to ever even hint at any occult beliefs at work - it's BAD enough they taunt me about my tai chi and my hypnosis etc.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).