Is it ok to intone mentally the invocations?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Is it ok to intone mentally the invocations?

Post#11 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Grab wrote:and hence not intermingle their threads of conciousness into the ritual - do you understand what I mean?

I think I read you, but after a discipline and proficiency in banishing, I personally have never encountered this problem. Also, I do not believe one can escape this intermingling of cultural (on the consciousness side) and social (on the physical side) contexts. To believe this is possible dismisses all the findings of post-modernity ...
I would suggest that having an arising of "threads of consciousness" disturbing the work, is in itself a subjective thought form floating through the mind ....

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

BrotherM

Post#12 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 am

Given that you CAN do rituals on the Astral, and there is even a specific term for intoning the words internally (The Great Voice), I don't understand the resistance to being silent with this? I often use this method when I am on the train / at work etc... gets restults it does!

Darbla
Adeptus Minor

Post#13 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Good point, Bro M. I've been quietly doing NAP rituals while on break at work; I just wasn't thinking of it as working in the astral. I just figured any work on it was better than none.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

fratersd
Philosophus

Post#14 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Darbla wrote:Good point, Bro M. I've been quietly doing NAP rituals while on break at work; I just wasn't thinking of it as working in the astral. I just figured any work on it was better than none.

I believe in either this book or in the grimoire of spells and rituals it even says to do it in your head if your afraid youll be heard.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo!

The Infinite WITHIN
Neophyte

Post#15 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 am

Crowley recommended building an astral temple, and then practicing all rituals on the astral, with the aide of the astral body.

"Thoughts are Things"- Aleister Crowley

inlove

Post#16 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Mr. Greg says its ok if you mummble it or anything as long and you can HEAR it is all.
Im guessing if you can REALLYx2 hear them in you head is ok.

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#17 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 pm

inlove wrote:if you can REALLYx2 hear them in you head

my italics and bold.

I agree

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#18 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Grab wrote:Doesn't it disturb the magickal process then if someone who is listening is thinking "Oh gosh, now he's at it with his nonsense again, his Adoooneeeey and what not" - if the ritual is performed silently they will not think about it so much, and hence not intermingle their threads of conciousness into the ritual - do you understand what I mean?

This isn't exactly an answer to your question, but just a comment: 8 or 9 years back now, I did some amazingly powerful personal work in trance (I'm talking about personal healing & transformation with spiritual assistance) all the while the guy living on the floor above me was holy-rolling and shouting prayers to Jesus constantly about driving out dark forces, and praising his God, and generally being a very loud and very evangelical Christian. Not because of me, he just did it anyway.... :lol:

I had the utmost respect for him, he's a lovely guy and he'd be up at 3am after 2 hour's sleep shouting to Jesus and so on, day in day out... and, since I figure all energy comes from the same ultimate source, his shouting had in a roundabout way the same intent as my trance-work, to grow and to be made whole again. :mrgreen:

Not sure how skepticism would have worked, but pretty much, you're not choosing a popular line of behaviour anyway, so I hope you find a solution that works for you!! 8-)
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

inlove

Post#19 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:11 am

The Infinite WITHIN wrote:Crowley recommended building an astral temple, and then practicing all rituals on the astral, with the aide of the astral body.

"Thoughts are Things"- Aleister Crowley

You're right. Thats why it also works if you say it in your head ;)
Some people might say them at first, after a little, go mental to help them smooth them into a good routine. Just me posting :cry: