Who goes there?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
dwellersinthemirage
Neophyte

Re: Who goes there?

Post#11 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:42 pm

provenant wrote:Ok ... I'm lost. Started out with NAP & Djinn, then morphed into something about NAP & Ouija with a voluminous excerpt of some crowleyanity and a Nietsche thrown in.

Is there a question or a statement here to discuss, or are you trying to teach school?

Obviously you have done a lot of reading ... so, what's your answer as to "Who goes there?"

If you're back on the djinn tack, I don't think that's what is being called up in NAP. Traditionally the djinn are not spirits as the common notion of a spirit would be. They are beings made from "smokeless fire" that exist just outside of our normal senses but in many ways are similar to humans though with certain abilities we don't possess. But otherwise, they live in communities, partake in religious worship, and by and large aren't into doing things for humans. In the islamic tradition, they are sort of our older, rebellious brothers. In fact there is a body of lore about Muhammad pbuh converting tribes of djinn to islam.

But, at this point I'm just kind of guessing as to what the point of the thread is, as it seems to be quickly devolving into oneupsmanship and lecturing. Hope I'm wrong tho, love a real philosophical discussion. And, we've had a lot of lecturing newbies lately. Hell, Lucifer just got banished yesterday. ;)

If you do not see any logical connection between NAP & Djinn & Ouija, then I apologize for my poor efforts to express my train of thought more clearly. I try to speak plainly and deal fairly with others. But I'm quite a recluse and often don't talk directly to a human being for days on end to the extent that I wonder sometimes if I have lost the ability to communicate altogether?

As I stated in my first post, " I have been pondering what it is that we are actually dealing with here?" So I proceeded to extrapolate (extrapolate means "to infer or estimate by extending or projecting known information.") from known facts [the NAPs grant boons] to something not yet known [Djinn fit the NAP profile] by means of theoretical deduction. And I trust that the exercise provided something of value for those souls who are not straightjacked by the tyranny of linear thinking. Personally, I regard my "djinn tack" as insightful, provocative, timely and cautionary.

Regarding "Who goes there?", I do suspect that all of the myriad spirit "beings" are rays or permutations emanateing from a central locus. For the sake of brevity, let's name IT GOD (Geometry Of Divinity), whose PERSONA fragments into countless SUB-PERSONALITIES characterized as both the Infernal & Celestial hierarchies. And humanity itself is a mirror counterpart in that it's a fractal of GOD with each human shard expressing their respective individual sub-personalities, whom constantly express themselves in you and I as "moods."

I am a fractal shining bright
My flesh and blood distilled starlight
An angle of geometry
Reflecting alll infinity

As for "Is there a question or a statement here to discuss, or are you trying to teach school?" Only you can answer that. Please recall the addage: "When the student is ready, the master appears." And conversly, "The master shall know his own by the manner in which he is received." Perhaps the ball is now in your court? Seeing as how I have attempted to illustrate a logical tie-in between NAP & Djinn & Ouija, and if that is meaningless to you, why then you are certainly entitled to your own evaluation. But maybe others less enlightened than your person will benefit from some of the hors d'oeuvres rejected by their fastidious peers?

- dweller
From "Final Events": The Collins Elite (a secret US government group) believes that our purported alien visitors are, in reality, deceptive demons and fallen angels. They are the minions of Satan, who are reaping and enslaving our very souls.

Topic author
dwellersinthemirage
Neophyte

Post#12 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Pablo wrote:
raum215 wrote:My grandfather great qabalist he was had a great traditional saying about these types of what if trains of thought.

"What if ducks have two assholes?"

Haha
An old one from the W. Indies was "And if you nose was a door post how would you breathe?".

There is a wonderful novel by Eric Ericson that explores this idea - It has a racy title called "The woman who slept with demons".

Opinions are like assholes. All folks have one and think your's stink's!
They get right in your face and shout "Don't tell me what to think!"
"Hey, I make my own rules, not like those fools whom before Jehovah slink!
"In fact, I'm so full of opinions that I'm really in the pink!
- dweller
Last edited by dwellersinthemirage on Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From "Final Events": The Collins Elite (a secret US government group) believes that our purported alien visitors are, in reality, deceptive demons and fallen angels. They are the minions of Satan, who are reaping and enslaving our very souls.

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#13 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:31 pm

dwellersinthemirage wrote:<snip>

And I trust that the exercise provided something of value for those souls who are not straightjacked by the tyranny of linear thinking. Personally, I regard my "djinn tack" as insightful, provocative, timely and cautionary.

Without something more linking your conclusion, I remain quite unconvinced regarding the Djinn. I know from your previous posts on the thread, you have done some studying of the western traditions, but really there's not too much of any real authority on Djinn in the western corpus. I don't see too much similarity between Djinn and the NAP spirits/ angels. Djinn, outside of Disney, aren't traditionally eager to pop in and help humans. Most of the literature on Djinn treat them as quite tricky, and while some are amenable to helping a human, most are not. If there were an equivalency between Djinn and anything in the Western tradition, I'd say they're more like the goetia than they are NAP angels.

dwellersinthemirage wrote:Regarding "Who goes there?", I do suspect that all of the myriad spirit "beings" are rays or permutations emanateing from a central locus. For the sake of brevity, let's name IT GOD (Geometry Of Divinity), whose PERSONA fragments into countless SUB-PERSONALITIES characterized as both the Infernal & Celestial hierarchies. And humanity itself is a mirror counterpart in that it's a fractal of GOD with each human shard expressing their respective individual sub-personalities, whom constantly express themselves in you and I as "moods." <snip>

Which is not necessarily a new idea, see Hebrew Kaballah and the succeeding emanations from Ein Soph, where creation successively divides and descends ultimately to material reality. The act of God knowing himself. And where a human is a microcosm of the macrocosm "all". As above so below. Where science (some disciplines anyway) and Kaballah seem to agree is that reality is likely holographic ... ie each "shard" contains all of reality. Again, the microcosm is a mirror of the macrocosm.

dwellersinthemirage wrote:As for "Is there a question or a statement here to discuss, or are you trying to teach school?" Only you can answer that. Please recall the addage: "When the student is ready, the master appears." And conversly, "The master shall know his own by the manner in which he is received." Perhaps the ball is now in your court? Seeing as how I have attempted to illustrate a logical tie-in between NAP & Djinn & Ouija, and if that is meaningless to you, why then you are certainly entitled to your own evaluation. But maybe others less enlightened than your person will benefit from some of the hors d'oeuvres rejected by their fastidious peers?

- dweller

So, are you the student and we have appeared, or are you the master awaiting reception?

Honestly dweller, I think the basic question could be interesting, ie, the nature of the NAP entities. However, here I find that your logic is quite jumpy. Without some more basis, I really don't see any likeness between the classic discussions of Djinn and the NAP entities. Not closing the door, but from the basis here, we could just as easily say Raum215 is the force behind the NAP entities: I can't see him, sometimes he comes when called, and often if he shows he imparts wisdom, plus he's definitely a shard of the larger whole. (Although he's never sent me cash or gotten me laid, so there's those issues.)

As far as equating NAP and talking boards, to me that's like equating a steak with the fork I use to eat it with. The board is the instrument of contact, and whether it's some random astral lowlife or a NAP angel one contacts through the board, the entity is not the instrument. The steak ain't the fork. And the map ain't the territory.

As far as the "enlightened" thing, well I feel you'd be hard-pressed to find a less enlightened member of this forum than me, and my wife would definitely protest against any claim of mine to fastidiousness ... But, unfortunately, so far the appetizers aren't making me that hungry.

But keep cooking ...
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Topic author
dwellersinthemirage
Neophyte

Post#14 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Rosemary E Guiley The DJINN .
Published on Mar 30, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3dqV9q_8oU
The Djinn are becoming involved in a lot of our paranormal encounters.

The Djinn Connection
Published on Apr 14, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a38VhHARVc
The ET situation we face today is explained as Terrestrial DJINN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT2Z536EXM
The Shapeshifting Djinn
Published on Jan 6, 2013
Paranormal researcher Rosemary Ellen Guiley and UFO investigator Philip Imbrogno discussed their forthcoming book about the djinn (or jinn), secretive entities that may play a role in a variety of paranormal phenomena.

...the djinn (or jinn), secretive entities that may play a role in a variety of paranormal phenomena.
Imbrogno recounted details of his research into the djinn that he conducted in the Middle East in the mid 1990s. He was taken to an enormous cave in Oman called the "Meeting Place of the Djinn," and as he was rappelling into the cave, his tour guides took off, after hearing voices of the djinn telling them to leave.......

Topic author
dwellersinthemirage
Neophyte

Post#15 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 am

Hi there provenant,

I respond:

you said: microcosm of the macrocosm "all". As above so below. Where science (some disciplines anyway) and Kaballah seem to agree is that reality is likely holographic ... ie each "shard" contains all of reality. Again, the microcosm is a mirror of the macrocosm.

I respond: Yes! And I like the analogy (or metaphor?) that each of us is an organ of the Universe by which it is enabled to Know Itself! What a profound thought indeed! It's as though each and everyone of we motes of dust swirling around in the ocean of time is in reality an important and vital component of the Grand Scheme of Things; A Co-Creatorwith GOD.

So, are you the student and we have appeared, or are you the master awaiting reception?

I respond: I think that any productive exchange between allies is desirable, insofar as it facillitates the Divine Plan.

Honestly dweller, I think the basic question could be interesting, ie, the nature of the NAP entities. However, here I find that your logic is quite jumpy. Without some more basis, I really don't see any likeness between the classic discussions of Djinn and the NAP entities.

I respond: Please help me to understand the deficiencies in my presentation so that I can address that error. What do you suggest would improve my jumpy logic, and how to bridge the apparent conceptual gap between classic/neo evocation?

- dweller

Topic author
dwellersinthemirage
Neophyte

Post#16 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

provenant wrote:
dwellersinthemirage wrote:<snip>

And I trust that the exercise provided something of value for those souls who are not straightjacked by the tyranny of linear thinking. Personally, I regard my "djinn tack" as insightful, provocative, timely and cautionary.

Without something more linking your conclusion, I remain quite unconvinced regarding the Djinn. I know from your previous posts on the thread, you have done some studying of the western traditions, but really there's not too much of any real authority on Djinn in the western corpus. I don't see too much similarity between Djinn and the NAP spirits/ angels. Djinn, outside of Disney, aren't traditionally eager to pop in and help humans. Most of the literature on Djinn treat them as quite tricky, and while some are amenable to helping a human, most are not. If there were an equivalency between Djinn and anything in the Western tradition, I'd say they're more like the goetia than they are NAP angels.

dwellersinthemirage wrote:Regarding "Who goes there?", I do suspect that all of the myriad spirit "beings" are rays or permutations emanateing from a central locus. For the sake of brevity, let's name IT GOD (Geometry Of Divinity), whose PERSONA fragments into countless SUB-PERSONALITIES characterized as both the Infernal & Celestial hierarchies. And humanity itself is a mirror counterpart in that it's a fractal of GOD with each human shard expressing their respective individual sub-personalities, whom constantly express themselves in you and I as "moods." <snip>

Which is not necessarily a new idea, see Hebrew Kaballah and the succeeding emanations from Ein Soph, where creation successively divides and descends ultimately to material reality. The act of God knowing himself. And where a human is a microcosm of the macrocosm "all". As above so below. Where science (some disciplines anyway) and Kaballah seem to agree is that reality is likely holographic ... ie each "shard" contains all of reality. Again, the microcosm is a mirror of the macrocosm.

dwellersinthemirage wrote:As for "Is there a question or a statement here to discuss, or are you trying to teach school?" Only you can answer that. Please recall the addage: "When the student is ready, the master appears." And conversly, "The master shall know his own by the manner in which he is received." Perhaps the ball is now in your court? Seeing as how I have attempted to illustrate a logical tie-in between NAP & Djinn & Ouija, and if that is meaningless to you, why then you are certainly entitled to your own evaluation. But maybe others less enlightened than your person will benefit from some of the hors d'oeuvres rejected by their fastidious peers?

- dweller

Honestly dweller, I think the basic question could be interesting, ie, the nature of the NAP entities. However, here I find that your logic is quite jumpy. Without some more basis, I really don't see any likeness between the classic discussions of Djinn and the NAP entities. Not closing the door, but from the basis here, we could just as easily say Raum215 is the force behind the NAP entities: I can't see him, sometimes he comes when called, and often if he shows he imparts wisdom, plus he's definitely a shard of the larger whole. (Although he's never sent me cash or gotten me laid, so there's those issues.)

As far as equating NAP and talking boards, to me that's like equating a steak with the fork I use to eat it with. The board is the instrument of contact, and whether it's some random astral lowlife or a NAP angel one contacts through the board, the entity is not the instrument. The steak ain't the fork. And the map ain't the territory.

As far as the "enlightened" thing, well I feel you'd be hard-pressed to find a less enlightened member of this forum than me, and my wife would definitely protest against any claim of mine to fastidiousness ... But, unfortunately, so far the appetizers aren't making me that hungry.

But keep cooking ...

Hi there provenant!

"Without something more linking your conclusion, I remain quite unconvinced regarding the Djinn. I know from your previous posts on the thread, you have done some studying of the western traditions, but really there's not too much of any real authority on Djinn in the western corpus. I don't see too much similarity between Djinn and the NAP spirits/ angels. Djinn, outside of Disney, aren't traditionally eager to pop in and help humans. Most of the literature on Djinn treat them as quite tricky, and while some are amenable to helping a human, most are not. If there were an equivalency between Djinn and anything in the Western tradition, I'd say they're more like the goetia than they are NAP angels."

I respond: (I consider the above paragraph indicative of the proclivity of a scholar to be obstructed in the interpretation of facts by philosophical prejudices.) You seem to be looking for apparent differences, not similarities. Why do you consider the NAPs and the Djinn to be mutually exclusive? (mutually exclusive is defined as: "of or pertaining to a situation involving two or more events, possibilities, etc., in which the occurrence of one precludes the occurrence of the other.") Can't you see where concepts NAP & Djinn ideas overlap - where they express a basic commonality despite their seemingly "different" outer appearance?

"Honestly dweller, I think the basic question could be interesting, ie, the nature of the NAP entities. However, here I find that your logic is quite jumpy. Without some more basis, I really don't see any likeness between the classic discussions of Djinn and the NAP entities. Not closing the door, but from the basis here, we could just as easily say Raum215 is the force behind the NAP entities: I can't see him, sometimes he comes when called, and often if he shows he imparts wisdom, plus he's definitely a shard of the larger whole. (Although he's never sent me cash or gotten me laid, so there's those issues.)"

I respond: Your proposal that there is no difference between something that exists but is not observable (Raum215) and something that doesn't exist at all (Djinn/NAP unity), is equivalent to stating that molecules are metaphysical because they are too small to detect directly. Or like laboring under the 'basis" of the fallacy of naturalistic thinking wherein "the earth appears flat, so it must be flat." A lack of perspective?

"As far as equating NAP and talking boards, to me that's like equating a steak with the fork I use to eat it with. The board is the instrument of contact, and whether it's some random astral lowlife or a NAP angel one contacts through the board, the entity is not the instrument. The steak ain't the fork. And the map ain't the territory."

I respond: ??? There you go again with your rhetorical exercise that begs any satisfactory explanation. You did ok with the first step of analysis, but what about the second step of synthesis, or determining what all that raw analytical datum actually boils down to? Only by carrying the second step of synthesis to a full-term logical conclusion, can you finally determine if NAP and Ouija actually do share any meaningful similarity. Your questionable attempt to illustrate a disparity between NAP and Ouija falls apart once it is recognized that what they have in common is that they are both DEVICES for spirit contact, plain and simple. Simplify, simplify as Thoreau said.

Provenant, could you ever quantify enough Djinn/NAP “provenance” so that you could arrive at an qualified decision?

"But, unfortunately, so far the appetizers aren't making me that hungry.

But keep cooking ..."

I respond: It is said that the best remedy for a hungry man is a good meal. Is your lack of appetite because you are already satiated by your opinions?

Occam's Razor: The Occam's Razor principle states that "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."

Sir Isaac Newton stated the rule: "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

Ernst Mach advocated what he called the Principle of Economy, stating that "Scientists must use the simplest means of arriving at their results and exclude everything not perceived by the senses."

Quotes:

He said "hard to say, hard to say"; and I replied "It's not so hard to say - just look at BOTH sides then say yea or nay!"

Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities. – Aristotle

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider.
- Francis Bacon

People wish to be settled: only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
- Emerson

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#17 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 pm

And at thi sstage of the thread I remember Einstein quote "Make everything simple but not simpler" Why this desperate need to identify when things work within the given magical framework.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

robstanley1
Practicus

Post#18 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Pablo wrote:And at thi sstage of the thread I remember Einstein quote "Make everything simple but not simpler" Why this desperate need to identify when things work within the given magical framework.

Thanks, Pablo.

As I also asked earlier; why?

Philosophus

Post#19 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:31 pm

For a big Crowley buff, you seem to have forgotten his entire thesis on the work with spirits.

“In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether these exist or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them."

Aslo, Dweller, you're a bit of a long-winded one, eh? Short and sweet isn't that bad of a mantra sometimes. ;)
Liberate Temet Ex Inferis

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#20 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 pm

I think that is all based on the Roman word Genius. The root of that is G-n - Proto-Indo European the greek for "Produce or Bring Forth, or Germinate." Before the Muslim idenity even existed this word, rooted in PIE lingusitic roots means a Spirit.

Al Djinn to me is really a way to say in Arabic, what the Beni Elhoim are. The Sons of God who mated with the Daughters of Men. These are the tutelary spirits who shared technology and all arts and sciences with men, including the art of magick.

I personally think there is a truth behind most mythology or religion - but it is not usually as racist or scary as humans make it. The Guna from the Vedas is easily cognate with the "Djin" --=- keep in mind the "G" in ancient sanskrit is softer than a gutteral "g" as in modern Sanskrit, and these are cognate in dialiects.

So the guna in the stories of hinduism are the same as the djinni in the pre-islamic lore, but the stigma from Judiasm about them is brought in - as proto-Arabic spreads from fringes of HEbrew speaking peoples who resist the redaction of Judiasm to be more worldy in Roman eyes.

In that regard Shiva, who is chief of the Gunas would easily be able to bee seen in comparison to the Djinn. Furthermore, Shiva, Djinn and Beni-Elohim, and even the Genius of Socratic Thought all have a similar appearance, including their hair brought up in a knot, and skin the color of burnished silver - (blue to blueish black.)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.