Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

Post#21 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 am

Ramscha wrote:
raum215 wrote:
The gift to do magick is given anyone of us and also the right to do so,

A person who says everyone can do magick is speaking for everyone. No magician worth his salt makes such generalities.

That would implicate that magic is something which has to be obtained. Does breathing has to be learned? Generally not and everyone is capable of it (genetic deffects and diseases not counted). Different breathing techniques of course have to be learned. Call me foolish to make this claim but I claim that with magick it is the same as with breathing. It can be done without really learning it (it is instinct and the basic, the oldest magic is also based on instinct). Controll and consciusness about it is for me the key for mastering but the instinct is in everyone. I don´t perform magic, I live it. That is all I have to say.

Ramscha

Magick is not the same as breathing. Magick is the same as a specialized skill set full of exacting demands and with universal applications. Magick is not like breathing - magick is the science of applying, understanding, dictating, predicting, and enacting the influence of breath. Everyone uses money, but not everyone is an economist. Many have no idea or false notions of what an economy is, or what controls or influences it and how. Everyone can turn on a light switch, but hundreds of people receive 110-120 volts on an AC current of 60 MHz load trying to change one. It even kills some of them. Instinct can pay off, in big ways too - but experience must temper instinct - or it can get you killed. Manipulation of instinct is how my ancestors used to ensure we were all few for months with but a few men, as instinct drove buffalo over a cliff. Instinct is what the Qabalaist called "Nephesh" - the animal soul. But there is also neshemah (the imagination and the way it creeps into the world), the Yechidah (the external infinite self projected into the existential condition of humanity), and many other components. And these models are all typically found in magick in Vedic, Taoist, Thelemic, Classical Magick, Medieval Magick, and Aboriginal, Classic, Western, and Masoretic Qabala, Hellenistic Magick, Tibetan Buddhist, Shinto, and Neo Platonic thought in General, as well as several other studies of general magickal worth their space in my brain, first and foremost being Enochian.

And see, these generalities are not true either - because not EVERYONE uses money, and many people cannot turn on a light switch. This presumes they even have access to a light switch. The model for how Magick is done is so complicated - there are people in the world without any access to the opportunity to even FIND OUT if they can do magick. Others lack the ability to focus enough, moreso.

So in short, everyone interacts with and has part in the distribution and transmission of magical phenomenon - we all PARTICIPATE in it - but that does not mean everyone on the plane can get us off the tarmac, or lay us down again safely at our destination. Not everyone on the plane is a pilot. And even if everyone is a pilot, there is still a limited number of seats in the cockpit.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Ramscha
Neophyte

Post#22 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 am

raum215 wrote:

Magick is not the same as breathing. Magick is the same as a specialized skill set full of exacting demands and with universal applications. Magick is not like breathing - magick is the science of applying, understanding, dictating, predicting, and enacting the influence of breath. Everyone uses money, but not everyone is an economist. Many have no idea or false notions of what an economy is, or what controls or influences it and how. Everyone can turn on a light switch, but hundreds of people receive 110-120 volts on an AC current of 60 MHz load trying to change one. It even kills some of them. Instinct can pay off, in big ways too - but experience must temper instinct - or it can get you killed. Manipulation of instinct is how my ancestors used to ensure we were all few for months with but a few men, as instinct drove buffalo over a cliff. Instinct is what the Qabalaist called "Nephesh" - the animal soul. But there is also neshemah (the imagination and the way it creeps into the world), the Yechidah (the external infinite self projected into the existential condition of humanity), and many other components. And these models are all typically found in magick in Vedic, Taoist, Thelemic, Classical Magick, Medieval Magick, and Aboriginal, Classic, Western, and Masoretic Qabala, Hellenistic Magick, Tibetan Buddhist, Shinto, and Neo Platonic thought in General, as well as several other studies of general magickal worth their space in my brain, first and foremost being Enochian.

And see, these generalities are not true either - because not EVERYONE uses money, and many people cannot turn on a light switch. This presumes they even have access to a light switch. The model for how Magick is done is so complicated - there are people in the world without any access to the opportunity to even FIND OUT if they can do magick. Others lack the ability to focus enough, moreso.

So in short, everyone interacts with and has part in the distribution and transmission of magical phenomenon - we all PARTICIPATE in it - but that does not mean everyone on the plane can get us off the tarmac, or lay us down again safely at our destination. Not everyone on the plane is a pilot. And even if everyone is a pilot, there is still a limited number of seats in the cockpit.

That is all nice what you tell me here, supreme magus. :goodpost

The analogy of the money circle is a good idea but when you tell us that not everybody uses it and this is the same with magic there is one thing I had to think about. Money is a thing invented by humans in some parts of the world but not in all. Therefore it is clear that people in the Amazonas jungle not necessarily trade with money. Magick is no real invention, but is based on our consciousness, will and demands (a similar tale I saw in your posts, am I right?) :thinking

And yes I said everyone can do magick, you recognized it right and in your last sentences you say something I never said and I agree on: Not everyone is using magick. I never said everyone is using magick, I said everyone can use it based on the concept of magick which everyone has and can/could master. That not everyone does it is as clear as not everyone is vegetarian even if they could (strange comparison, I know).
Vedic, Taoist, Thelemic, Classical Magick, Medieval Magick, and Aboriginal, Classic, Western, and Masoretic Qabala, Hellenistic Magick, Tibetan Buddhist, Shinto, and Neo Platonic thought in General, as well as several other studies of general magickal worth their space in my brain, first and foremost being Enochian.

That are all fine systems, working and interesting too. They all have something in common: They have some sort of order, they canalize the power the magician is using, and these control is it supreme magi are often mastering. The thing everyone can do was not the control thing, it was the swimming with this energy. You will know the feeling when for example rage is riding you, when your own inner “demons” are riding your mind. That is a powerful source, chaotic but still can cause an outcome (which is mostly not the desired thing :toss ). That was the thing I was talking of because it is in my opinion one of the pillars magick is standing on, however I never spoke about effective magick or mastering any system. I give you a point in there.

That was my point so far

Ramscha

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#23 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:35 pm

You made some good points and echo some I tried to make. Not everyone who uses money controls the economy. But everyone who participates in the economy has an impact on some of the factors needed for control of the economy.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Bence33
Adeptus Minor

Post#24 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:15 pm

That's a very good idea, Googly.
http://www.magick4you.com/magician-for-hire.html

Disciple of the Maergzjiran Cabal. Zazazel is my Patron.
http://theblackcourt.com

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#25 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 am

Bence33 wrote:That's a very good idea, Googly.

Thanks, Bence. I am Paying respects to the NAP spirits. They provided so much blessings for me, and they are pretty much my beloved. Many people here are wishing to keep the pronunciation secret or (asking to learn by ourselves by various other means) because of various legit and proper and thoughtful reasons.

I just want every newbie to pronounce NAP spirits properly and pay them their due respect. This is all I can do for all the great and generous things they done to me and still providing. They are truly divine. I am so full of tears and gratitude to divine and generous NAP spirits. :angelic :mrgreen: :bow :goodpost

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#26 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 am

Slater wrote:O
googly wrote:Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation of God's name?

I could make a video but I myself a beginner for NAP. Only God names is enough as for central power ritual there is golden dawn video on YouTube.

It will be a great service to the spirits if we could help newbies pronounce their divine names properly.

Any volunteers please?

To know, to will, to dare and to keep Silent.
I know you're just talking about a pronunciation guide, and I don't mean this as elitist crap...but magic is not for the masses.
The mysteries need be worked through, some effort, study, work, relationship with spirits... NOT to be handed to people who come across it in the same arena as a rock video. Even something as basic as the Hebrew godnames of the spheres.

Keeping in mind the new car, money, exam results style personal magic is a short lived phase and your purpose and responsibility grows as you grow. I would be horrified to see real content on You tube. Although to be fair, it wouldn't mean anything to anyone.

Although a book like nap is hardly a book of revelation...it is derived from strong consecrated traditions ...and you do not cast pearls before swine. Thankfully there isn't any real magical content on YouTube at the moment and the new age idiots provide great cover.

That's just my opinion. You could argue putting it up is hardly the same thing as making the occult aspect of magic null and void...it'd just blend in with the other weird shit. But that's not really cool either. Especially once you start throwing around the lines in exodus where the names come from.

I disagree with the idea of it being in the spirits best interests. Which spirit told you that? I have encountered the equal of anger at the human ideas of the universe being your personal bank or good luck charm. Magic is revealed in levels with inner spirit contact and work. Stages revealed as you can handle it...

We should avoid the mistake of thinking spirits are like people just with out bodies...they're not. They don't think, care, or perceive things as we do

And really, if someone can't do a bit of work learning the pronunciation of Hebrew letters and even the Jewish
God names ...do they want their hand held and shoe laces tied too? I don't know I might be completely off base.

*Wow...came out a little more snooty and painfully self righteous than I intended. I stand by it all but the attitude was not intended for anyone here. The assumed entitlement, instant gratification and egocentric value to magic is just something I've encountered a bit of late...it was more about that than a you tube video

Of course Slater, no spirits told me to make a video in personal. I am usually not generous at all. Even I would like to keep it a secret. For real, I also think saying the actual names or pronunciation or vibration are not equal match to the power of pure intent of contacting the spirits.

I also understand about building the relationship. In my personal humble opinion, if Geoff Gray-Cob thought the same way it is highly unlikely that I would have entered magic. It is through his books that I entered magic. If Geoff Gray-Cob was from the 21th century mindset, there is large chance he would have made an YouTube Video.

If you can talk to the spirits and please let me know their opinion on this matter.

Thanks for your thoughtful post Slater :Thank You

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#27 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Well, I know TONS of people who are fluent in Hebrew who have no ability to grasp Qabala.

As for Qabala, it is not quite what you think. It is basically installing drivers to make the system work correctly. It involves hearing, speaking, and breathing and repetition and analysis.

If you just want a pronunciation video, that is one thing, if you want a intent - that is another. Qabala is an unbroken chain of legacy relationships with spirits. It is honestly, like a club, and you weaken you own chapter of the club if you bring anyone who you cannot vouch for on all counts. This is not mean, nor is it cruel. The NFL does me a favour by not letting me become a wide receiver, as I am not built for it, I did not train for it, and while fun to play ball a bit - I lack the passion for a profession in it.

Talent, Skill, Comprehension, and Execution are all criterias. Also - there are limits to how many living people can belong to a school of Qabala according to tradition - so alot of people do not want to fill all their slots - also in Qabala, you are accountable for everything those who received it from you do until a certain point. So in the eyes of a teacher, there is a great value at risk.

This is not the same as freelance magick, however passionate and complete the study. It is not just technique - it is shared experience and accountability that requires at least occasional physical proximity.