Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

Post#1 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 am

Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation of God's name?

I could make a video but I myself a beginner for NAP. Only God names is enough as for central power ritual there is golden dawn video on YouTube.

It will be a great service to the spirits if we could help newbies pronounce their divine names properly.

Any volunteers please?

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation?

Post#2 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am

Because the "correct" way to pronounce it could not fit on youtube.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Ramscha
Neophyte

Post#3 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 am

There are already some quite good videos on youtube about magick, occultism and the occult arts and the community is quite open minded. Why not trying it?

Ramscha

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#4 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Ramscha wrote:There are already some quite good videos on youtube about magick, occultism and the occult arts and the community is quite open minded. Why not trying it?

Ramscha

You mean for NAP God names there are YouTube videos?

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#5 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 pm

raum215 wrote:Because the "correct" way to pronounce it could not fit on youtube.

Are you for real Raum or are you kidding? :thinking

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#6 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I am totally serious.

When you show someone for example - by mouth to ear how to utter the Names - there are specific indications they are doing it correctly. These would not convey on Youtube at all and have nothing to do with "sound" per se.

For example when you CORRECTLY pronounce YHVH - your tongue and lips and even your jaw do not move, and the noticable difference in their eyes is ABSOLUTELY noticable. But there are other indications for this name and others that have to be in a common realm of experience. This is one of the reasons it is done mouth to ear.

Making it "sound" write is fairly easy - but alot more goes into it than that. Regardless of dialect, which can effect sound, those changes should be observable.

When you truly receive Qabala, it is not just learning what books "really" say, or what something "really" sounds like - it is like having drivers installed on a computer to be compatible with an entire suite of powers and spirits. And those drivers can only come directly from your own registry... so it is not as simple as making a youtube video. If anything, making a youtube video about how it can not fit into a youtube video would be far easier and more effective!
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Topic author
googly
Practicus

Post#7 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:23 pm

raum215 wrote:I am totally serious.

When you show someone for example - by mouth to ear how to utter the Names - there are specific indications they are doing it correctly. These would not convey on Youtube at all and have nothing to do with "sound" per se.

For example when you CORRECTLY pronounce YHVH - your tongue and lips and even your jaw do not move, and the noticable difference in their eyes is ABSOLUTELY noticable. But there are other indications for this name and others that have to be in a common realm of experience. This is one of the reasons it is done mouth to ear.

Making it "sound" write is fairly easy - but alot more goes into it than that. Regardless of dialect, which can effect sound, those changes should be observable.

When you truly receive Qabala, it is not just learning what books "really" say, or what something "really" sounds like - it is like having drivers installed on a computer to be compatible with an entire suite of powers and spirits. And those drivers can only come directly from your own registry... so it is not as simple as making a youtube video. If anything, making a youtube video about how it can not fit into a youtube video would be far easier and more effective!

That makes sense. I never knew that. So sound matters only up to a point?

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:19 am

O
googly wrote:Why not make YouTube video of correct pronunciation of God's name?

I could make a video but I myself a beginner for NAP. Only God names is enough as for central power ritual there is golden dawn video on YouTube.

It will be a great service to the spirits if we could help newbies pronounce their divine names properly.

Any volunteers please?

To know, to will, to dare and to keep Silent.
I know you're just talking about a pronunciation guide, and I don't mean this as elitist crap...but magic is not for the masses.
The mysteries need be worked through, some effort, study, work, relationship with spirits... NOT to be handed to people who come across it in the same arena as a rock video. Even something as basic as the Hebrew godnames of the spheres.

Keeping in mind the new car, money, exam results style personal magic is a short lived phase and your purpose and responsibility grows as you grow. I would be horrified to see real content on You tube. Although to be fair, it wouldn't mean anything to anyone.

Although a book like nap is hardly a book of revelation...it is derived from strong consecrated traditions ...and you do not cast pearls before swine. Thankfully there isn't any real magical content on YouTube at the moment and the new age idiots provide great cover.

That's just my opinion. You could argue putting it up is hardly the same thing as making the occult aspect of magic null and void...it'd just blend in with the other weird shit. But that's not really cool either. Especially once you start throwing around the lines in exodus where the names come from.

I disagree with the idea of it being in the spirits best interests. Which spirit told you that? I have encountered the equal of anger at the human ideas of the universe being your personal bank or good luck charm. Magic is revealed in levels with inner spirit contact and work. Stages revealed as you can handle it...

We should avoid the mistake of thinking spirits are like people just with out bodies...they're not. They don't think, care, or perceive things as we do

And really, if someone can't do a bit of work learning the pronunciation of Hebrew letters and even the Jewish
God names ...do they want their hand held and shoe laces tied too? I don't know I might be completely off base.

*Wow...came out a little more snooty and painfully self righteous than I intended. I stand by it all but the attitude was not intended for anyone here. The assumed entitlement, instant gratification and egocentric value to magic is just something I've encountered a bit of late...it was more about that than a you tube video

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#9 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:48 am

The notion of priviledge and suitability are seen as so undesirable in a world where all notions of humanity are based on equality and entitlement. Generally, societies have magicians who are based on social norms as well as social deviance,.. and the true magi embrace both... however it may seem to outsiders or noninitiates. Everyone in mostof the free world gets the opportunity for a good bit of what was priviledged information in grade school,.. but they not get an initated interpretation of it, because they are not taughtit by initiates. What can be called a teacher in this day and age is laughable. But there is information and keys that are for the priviledged and suitable. It would be arrogance for me to say who should or should not receive them, and a decade or two of magick tends to cure people of such audacity. People get what they need, and not from youtube.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 am

raum215 wrote:The notion of priviledge and suitability are seen as so undesirable in a world where all notions of humanity are based on equality and entitlement. Generally, societies have magicians who are based on social norms as well as social deviance,.. and the true magi embrace both... however it may seem to outsiders or noninitiates. Everyone in mostof the free world gets the opportunity for a good bit of what was priviledged information in grade school,.. but they not get an initated interpretation of it, because they are not taughtit by initiates. What can be called a teacher in this day and age is laughable. But there is information and keys that are for the priviledged and suitable. It would be arrogance for me to say who should or should not receive them, and a decade or two of magick tends to cure people of such audacity. People get what they need, and not from youtube.

Well said and far better put than my ramblings :-)

I don't think it's being elitist or arrogant to want the things that we hold dear to retain context and integrity.