New avatar power typo

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
IME

New avatar power typo

Post#1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 pm

As I was scanning through the post I came across a discussion about a typo in the NAP book, YO-HO-VO EL-OH VA-DA-AAT really being
YO-HO-VO EL-OH-AH VA-DA-ATT as is found in the middle pillar ritual, now I'm not sure if this was ever corrected in later versions,if there were any I can't say but assuming that those who bought those copies at tat time would not go out and buy a new updated version or did they even had the slightest clue that there was even an error and pronounced the words as they were written. Is it likely that they failed to obtain results because of this? If one had a secret password to a club lets say Faith, take away the fa and we have ith (8) and I used that most likely I wouldn't be allowed in because even though I meant well my password was incorrect. Also to command an angel using an incorrect name of power is laughable. My point is were results using this book real or were they merely the results of chance? If they were real I would appreciate very much to read any success stories ,such as how has it changed ones life,were there any long term results? and were the results more than just astral travel,dream experiences or inner feelings of the presence of an invisible entity. Reason I ask this is because I have seen those It works, it works kind of post...on other forums without any solid experiences besides vivid dreams or believing an entity is talking to you[voices in the mind], I'll keep you posted..then no more the post goes dead, it leaves one wondering were such results real in the first place.
note: my questions and opinions are in no way intended to insult or demean anyone.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

lefty
Practicus

Re: New avatar power typo

Post#2 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:27 pm

you've raised some questions I've wondered about (and some I haven't wondered about too). I often end up concluding in matters such as these, when I boil things down to "well it's either this way or that way" that "both are true" and I'm comfortable with the paradoxical nature of it. I think Lon Milo DuQuette was not being disingenuous when he said attempts at pronouncing words can be good enough-- but I'm not looking at the quote or relistening to it and I'm sure I'm butchering it. I think also, that one typo doesn't really effect a lot of other things in the book. Part of what those words are about, it seems to me as inexperienced as I am, are the vibrations and thus they are like any vowel singing technique.

So if you can get results missing one syllabel, maybe it means a confident and well prepared (considering the material one was working with) and sincere presentation is better than than an accurate one missing all the other components. It sort ties into the "all in our head"/"how deep does our head really go"/"not at all just in our head" debates.

As for people getting real results and not just "astral" or dream (with no corelation to the physical world), I can only speak for myself. I had a dream whose meaning in the physical world just blows my mind and I've never really had that till starting NAP, and I was pretty new to all this when it happened. The kinds of results I'm working towards all require me to follow through on my end, but NAP has opened up the oppurtunities I've asked for at times when I had none and the oppurtunities that opened up were just so unexpected and so out of the blue and so "wow what an unlikely coincidence" that that alone would indicate they were "results", but other weird hints were there too. Some (all) I'd rather not discuss for a variety of reasons. In any event, they are all in the "the ball is in my court now" variety, and early on they indicated I had stuff to fix before I could really move forward.

The only thing I can suggest is to work it and see how it goes for yourself. I think my views on a lot of things have grown since starting down this path, like how I'd even define "results". I don't think "getting what I asked for" or getting what I think I want would count as a result if it wasn't really thought out and planned out and made sense in the big scheme of things. A lot of what I see people using NAP (or anything discussed here) are things that I don't think make sense. When I first got here there was someone that wanted NAP to help them pass a test they didn't study for at all over the semester. I think their "will" was to not even take the class, and I don't see how their will pointed them towards passing it. It was a matter of contention while discussing it, if I remember it correctly. They didn't get the results they worked towards, but I think their will was conflicted. Both NAP and his last book on Twisting one's Fate start off with alot of talk about sorting out and seeing n a realistist way what it is we want. I think that is ... maybe 90% of the work-- in this or just in life.

Topic author
IME

Post#3 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for your reply,
I think Lon Milo DuQuette was not being disingenuous when he said attempts at pronouncing words can be good enough
I think I read something similar concerning mantra pronunciation, though there are many that may disagree, in my opinion its boils down to weather these entities are real or parts of our mind, in the latter case perhaps mispronunciation may be acceptable as one believes he/she is doing it right.
I don't think "getting what I asked for" or getting what I think I want would count as a result if it wasn't really thought out and planned out and made sense in the big scheme of things. A lot of what I see people using NAP (or anything discussed here) are things that I don't think make sense. I agree with you here, I think many times we tend to overlook the "big scheme of things" and its part to play in the results of whatever work we may attempt. Also though I'm not condemning anyone but most of what NAP contains does not interest me i.e reversing curses, love magick etc. perhaps when I was younger but not any more also I think that self work is more important than trying to bend the universe or others to ones will. eg. If someone desired love but are too shy or has low self esteem and lacks courage to socialize, would casting a love spell work for such a person ? If it did would the relationship be a healthy one ? contrary to what people often think "if I had such and such I would be happy" it simply doesn't work that way. Also would such a spell or ritual even be recommended for such a person ? Would it not be better for all concerned to work on oneself, face ones demons, be they fear, shyness etc. to recondition ones mind, in so doing one may face life accepting success and failures as simply life's experiences and move on.

Life is about experiences, some good and some bad, some people have lots of good ,others lots of bad but in the end they're just experiences.

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#4 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 am

If efforts to get something "right" are empty of understanding - they are slavish imitations. These are not some "magic words" unless you understand the magick behind them.

Whatever you do - let it tie to your meaning and your purpose - Angels are astoundingly able to determine our intent and carry out their agencies without have the pomp and ceremony humans infuse magick with.

YHVH ELVH V-DOT is by me (Yay-ho-wah El-oah Veh-Da'at) - different dialects are different.

This is a name of God associated with the prayers of Hannah, mother of the Last Judge of Israel, Samuel, who fulfilled prophecy of their King. The works of Samuel are increasingly important in Solomonic Magic. For, Samuel appointed both Saul and David to the throne.

Hannah and Elkanah's son Samuel his name is "shem-v-el" - which implies "God knows his name." The Lore is only Hannah knew his name, and not even his father Elkanah. True Qabalistic Lore includes the hidden name of Samuel who preached as a child, healed and raised a nation and performed miracles. It also passes that her womb was touched by "The Lord God of Knowledge" as are the wombs of all mothers of prophets. The biblical account of her prayer can be read in Samuel 2, in the early verses.

The YHVH Eloah Veh-Da'at is actually better translated "Eternal God of Knowledge"

YHVH means "Was, Is, Will Be" and implies the notion of super-sentient infinity or eternity. A land or a place would be named after its sovereign, or lord. You see this with the whole nation of Israel named after the Patriarch of the Tribes of Israel, Jacob, whose name becomes Israel... The reason this word YHVH is translated to "Lord" - is because ALL time and space is under his sovereignty. Thus all that ever was, is, or will be shall call him, Adoni, or "my Lord."

Hope this clarifies.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am

Raum,

Thank you for being so kind as to share so much knowledge.

SC

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#6 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm

You are most welcome.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.