sit or stand

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

sit or stand

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:50 am

I like to do NAP rituals sitting down in half-lotus but the "central pillar" part then becomes funny since it's made for standing straight up. I do it sitting anyway, Kether, Daath, Tiphareth of course are the same, but then I actually kind of sit with/inside the Yesod one, going partly down into the floor, and then Malkuth is below my ass, under the floor - and not around my feet which would feel weird.

(Alright, I know NAP book doesn't assign sephiroth to the pillar, but I can' t remember which element goes where right now.)

Maybe I could somehow adjust it. How would you do the "central pillar" with circulations if sitting in lotus (or half etc)?
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Vrischika

Re: sit or stand

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:08 am

I like to keep my feet uncrossed during the MP, so I've never done it while sitting cross-legged, but I think it's the same as when I do my NAP spells while sitting in a comfortable chair (I only stand during Uncrossing and DHT) and while sitting I just visualize the Malkuth sphere directly below myself, feeling the radiance encompassing the feet. So the Malkuth sphere may be a bit bigger than others in visualization, but this has never bothered me.. :)

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am

why Not lie down?
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:33 am

I am asking about where and how to best put the spheres, when sitting on floor in lotus. Lotus gives me good focus, and since my altar is very low, I can actually see the writings and use the light from the candle standing on the floor next to the altar.

Yes lowest sphere is often bigger.

Sitting in a chair is OK, especially kitchen chair types, and lying down takes away a lot of the focus.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:22 pm

I work my own mutated system of correspondence based on Eastern Medicine. I worked on it for over 7 years while practically studying Eastern Medicine and practicing Yoga and Ki-Gong before I was really satisfied with my attributions. They are as follows:

1st Chakra - Malkuth / Terra (Mem Final)
2nd Chakra - Yesod / Luna (Gimel)
3rd Chakra - D'aath / Binary Star (for info, go to http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/) (Shin)
4th Chakra - Tiphareth / Sol (Resh)
5th Chakra - Binah / Saturn (Tau)
6th Chakra - Chokmah / Uranus (Aleph)
7th Chakra - Kether / Neptune (Mem) (Notice Mem/Kether is Mem Final in Malkuth...Kether is in Malkuth but after another manner)

Left Palm of Hand (Jang Shim Vortex) - Chesed / Jupiter (Kaph)
Right Palm of Hand (Jang Shim Vortex) - Geburah / Mars (Peh)
Left Sole of Foot (Yong Chon Vortex) - Netzach / Venus (Daleth)
Right Sole of Foot (Yong Chon Vortex) - Hod / Mercury (Beth)

It all started because I was dissatisfied with the way orthodox occult qabalah crams elements into the system by making letters do double duty, and neglects the reality of the planets in our solar system due to lack of knowledge. I utilize the hebrew final forms in my magickal alphabet to cover the elements (with the exception of Mem Final), as well as adding e, i, and pi (euler's equation defining quadratic space) and the golden ratio psi to arrive at a 31 symbol magickal alphabet. In eastern medicine, there are 11 energy vortexes (the planets), 12 meridians (the signs), and 8 extraordinary vessels (elements) for a total of 31 energy components. I also work with 8 elements by removing the old names for the elements and postulating Matter, Space, Time, Energy; Perception, Bliss, Consciousness, Being (SatChitAnanda..light, sound, vibration)

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 pm

I've tried it many ways -- lying down is good, but if I can't remember the words in the Bornless Ritual, getting up is disruptive . . . I like sitting cross-legged before my fireplace late at night because it's warm and soothing . . .and don't laugh, but I also do it while driving my car. Before everybody explodes at the thought, I live in the mountains where there are few other cars and I can get a lot accomplished in ten minutes of the Central PIllar Ritual while driving "down the mountain". I situate the "New Avatar Power Gates" wherever I have to at the time, and it is always effective. While driving and doing this, I first glimpsed an Angel. All things being equal, I'd rather do it reclining at home, but I've even done it while looking at my reflection in a mirror at a doctor's office. ;)

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Super Celestials wrote:I've tried it many ways -- lying down is good...I like sitting cross-legged before my fireplace late at night because it's warm and soothing . . .and don't laugh, but I also do it while driving my car...I'd rather do it reclining at home, but I've even done it while looking at my reflection in a mirror at a doctor's office. ;)

Is this thread about sex or magick :lol:

Sorry for the off topic humor, I couldn't resist the green eggs and ham.

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Super Celestials
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 am

Well, ummm, it's called "unintentional humor" -- but I'm as happy to laugh at myself as at others and I'm laughing now. BTW, the event at the doctor's office wasn't quite the Marx Brothers scenario as it might seem, but why ruin the fun? ;)