Using NAP combined with other systems

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
newbie1029
Neophyte

Using NAP combined with other systems

Post#1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I know it was asked before but I wanted to combine NAP With another system but I do not what goes well with it. Im a beginner and have had a good experience using NAP. I tried reading Introduction into Hermetics as well as Modern Magick. I didn't like neither. If anyone could draw me to the right direction it will be greatly appreciate it. As far as using magick I am here for the pursue of knowledge and the betterment of my life. I am on a journey to find myself and I think magick can teach me a thing or two.

Thanks in advanced :D

Protestant Priest

Re: Using NAP combined with other systems

Post#2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 am

lorem ipsum
Last edited by Protestant Priest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#3 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 am

@OP
why do you want to merge it with another system? that is the question.....

for example, in my practice - i like to use the K.I.S.S methodology so
i've been using "Initiation Into Hermetics" (IIH) as my backbone, then
NAP because of its' simplicity, now i'm looking for a more microcosm
oriented pantheon (Goetia) to work with because i want to round out my
repertoire.

technically, NAP is a good enough grimoire for beginners to intermediate
to work with - just have to re-arrange some of the techs.

Topic author
newbie1029
Neophyte

Post#4 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks, I will look into this to further up my practices.

raum215
Magister Templi

Post#5 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am

Nap is well rounded once once you have your magical mentor.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Diceman
Practicus

Post#6 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

In order to get more clear answers you need to formulate question better.
Why and for what to merge systems?

haileos
Zelator

Post#7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm

I am a noob too and have a similar question:

I've just finished what I believe was my most successful evocation yet. It has left me with questions though. Usually when I do NAP I will follow the words of the evocation exactly as written. When I do this I feel the energy as if something is happening but rarely have conscious contact with the spirits.

So today, after doing the Relaxation Ritual to point A and the Bornless Invocation, I used the first evocation script from the Goetia in the "invocation to rekindle a mate's interest" with Pagiel and the result was that he came through very swiftly and clearly. Before I even finished the whole evocation he was present. I could clearly hear his voice announce that he was present and feel his presence. We then carried on a conversation regarding my desire for some time. He told me I didn't have to use the word of power in the NAP book because the Goetic invocation script already used the words of power.

The Goetic invocation script seems to invite more interaction with then spirit; whereas the NAP script simply gives the spirit a command without inviting it to manifest or speak.

So my questions are this:

1. Have any of you mixed the scripts like this? And what was the result?
2. The spirits in NAP appear when we call them without their sigil and without ritual. Would it be possible then to evoke say... other angels and Goetic spirits or the spirits given in the rituals of Frater Malak's Mystic Grimoire without all the ritual paraphernalia?

I apologize in advance being a noob and thank you for the wisdom and advice you will surely impart to me. I love this forum and everyone here!

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am

@haileos
have you tried conjuring them with just the goetic invocation?

1. i've worked w/ NAP for abit now so i am, lets say, in a comfortable working relationship with the
entities. with that said, i do use customized rites when i need to work with them for clients.

2. this is truly a noob question, lol. i'm not trying to be an ass or anything; its just that if you've
been reading this forum thoroughly, doing your research,and working on your practice - you
would see that there is no definite answer as there are so many variables that has to be taken to account.

the point is that instead of asking the question (s), it's be more beneficial for you in the long run
to actually experiment and try it out.

haileos
Zelator

Post#9 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 am

I agree Mr. Black. Experience is the best teacher.

And no I haven't tried just using Goetic invocations alone for the NAP entities although I do believe it would work well in theory.

What method do you use when invoking the entities?

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm

raum215 wrote:Nap is well rounded once once you have your magical mentor.

Interesting little nugget here.