Hi, any tips? New Avatar Power not working?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Larry
Neophyte

Hi, any tips? New Avatar Power not working?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 am

Hi, I read every topics I can on the New Avatar Power, and its not working for me?

I even intent it and pausing after each line to feel my own intent, I visualize too.
I did the LBRP, the intoning of the angels name and yet its not working?

I did the Dee gesture.

And I didn't feel anything? Or see anything, it felt like I didn't feel any presence at all?

Do I need to work on my astral senses?

Would appreciate any replies.

I am also learning how to say the El Adon Prayer.

Thanks for any replies!

johnblend
Philosophus

Re: Hi, any tips? New Avatar Power not working?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

My first question is: what are you trying to accomplish and how are you doing it? is it a spell or just the nap ritual?

You mention LBRP and El Adon Prayer neither of them is incorporated in the book.

You dont need to develop any astral senses to get this system working.

Here's my tips to get things moving:
*Do the Nap ritual every day, even if you don't do any other work. I highly recomend doing a recording with your own voice.
*Re-read the book
*Adding a daily yoga practice gives you a great boost for any working.

Topic author
Larry
Neophyte

Post#3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:34 pm

johnblend wrote:My first question is: what are you trying to accomplish and how are you doing it? is it a spell or just the nap ritual?

You mention LBRP and El Adon Prayer neither of them is incorporated in the book.

You dont need to develop any astral senses to get this system working.

Here's my tips to get things moving:
*Do the Nap ritual every day, even if you don't do any other work. I highly recomend doing a recording with your own voice.
*Re-read the book
*Adding a daily yoga practice gives you a great boost for any working.

Hi John!

Thanks for your reply!

Well actually there is a vriation of LBRP in the MIracle of New Avatar Power though its different and not the full version of it.

And yes you are correct, there is not a El adon Prayer in the Book but I'm planning to incorporate it in my workins, so I can get a boost to my spells and rituals.

Here is my list.

LBRP
NAP relaxation ritual (I think to point A?)
Middle PIllar (Though I don't do the middle pillar, only sometimes)
The abridged bornless invocation 3X
The spell/chant/ritual 3X
Dee Gesture 3 x
(And Maybe the chant for success 3 times)
And finally the LBRP.

So Its LBRP
Nap relaxation ritual
Middle pillar
Bornless invocation
spells/chants/rituals 3x
dee gesture 3x
(not going to include the chant for success since I don't use it much)
and the LBRP.

*And also the El ADON Prayer*

Edit: Forgot to mention this, doing the astral travel chant 3 times or other invocation like the general invocation and such.

johnblend
Philosophus

Post#4 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:52 pm

It could be just that the results has not manifested themselves YET.

It could be that you are too hungry for results. For me, when I have been lusting over a certain result, it didn't seem to manifest itself, but as soon I "gave up" the result came. Here is why yoga can have a great effect, it makes you over all more relaxed. Also other types of exersice like running etc does have effect on your magic practice.

I could reccomend the magic mentor exersice, when you get good with that you can ask him why things are not working out.

When everything else fails always go back to the basics, re-read the book, only do the nap ritual for a week, check what lunar phase it is( it could matter).

//john

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 am

@OP:
How long have you been an active/practicing mage? (If you don't mind me asking)

Topic author
Larry
Neophyte

Post#6 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 am

mrblack wrote:@OP:
How long have you been an active/practicing mage? (If you don't mind me asking)

Hi Mrblack, well to tell the truth, I`m only been an active mage for a short time, though on and off, I can`t really be called a mage? Not sure?

Though I do know a bit of Sigil Magick and servitor, I also know how to do the LBRP and the Middle Pillar, though the problem is with the middle pillar, I didn't really practice it for a long period of time.

But because I didn't practice it for a long time, I really don't feel anything from the middle pillar except the tingling?

Morgan
Practicus

Post#7 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:20 pm

hey, I don't really *feel* much either, but NAP works for me. It's not because you don't have a certain sensation in your body that your results won't manifest.
You seem to do extensive rituals, this isn't bad, but you've got to go with your gut sometimes: do what you feel is necessary. I don't always do the LBRP or bornless one ...
also, it's true that it's better not to obsess over results. They'll come but not always right away; :D try to be patient and relaxed!

nox
Adeptus Minor

Post#8 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Larry wrote:Hi, I read every topics I can on the New Avatar Power, and its not working for me?

I even intent it and pausing after each line to feel my own intent, I visualize too.
I did the LBRP, the intoning of the angels name and yet its not working?

I did the Dee gesture.

And I didn't feel anything? Or see anything, it felt like I didn't feel any presence at all?

Do I need to work on my astral senses?

Would appreciate any replies.

I am also learning how to say the El Adon Prayer.

Thanks for any replies!

Try not to complicate too much.After u contacted them a few times it s enough to call the in your mind to help you.I had a few interesting experiences regarding to this .
The only thing I say 3x it s the main invocation.

Topic author
Larry
Neophyte

Post#9 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the response!

I decided to do Nap invocation ritual 3 times a day!

No its not because the New Avatar Power is not working, that or maybe I'm lusting for results?

But I think I want to do the invocation 3 times a day because for some reason I feel that doing it only once a day is not enough? Like I'm impatience not for results (not sure) But instead that I have to do the invocation once everyday at the same time, I don't know why but I kinda feel that I should it do it 3 times a day, sorry if it really sound I'm lusting for results, but I'm not!

Anyway, I decided not to complicated the ritual too much, so I instead did:

Nap Ritual to Point A
Bornless invocation 3x
General Invocation 3x
Dee Gesture 3x
And thanking the spirit and asking them to leave to do their tasks.

I would do the LBRP, but that they take too much of my time though they are good for protection! So far, no negative results!
And I feel it sort of complicated the ritual too much and it would probably make me nervous and not relaxed if I accidently messed it up (though I don't think its possible to mess up a ritual unless doing it 3 times a day IS messing up? But I don't think so anyway)

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

LBRP is not in the book. That's the Qabalistic cross.

Also...the NAP is not a system of evocation. You are not trying to have a spirit appear. There are no bells and whistles going off.

You just do it...and it's done.