the path

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Kami
Neophyte

the path

Post#1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 am

Hello guys

i have heard many stories where the results did manifest but but not in a desired way
they manifested through unfortunate means which somehow caused harm to either the practitioner or other people

i mean like someone asked for money and he actually got money from insurance payout or some relative dying and leaving money for him, accidents etc......

so what do you guys do so that the wish manifests through a good path........? I mean the wish manifests through path where there is no harm done to anybody including the practitioner

i am asking this specially in the context of NAP but i guess your advice should work with any magical system.......
Last edited by Kami on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

akenu
Adeptus Minor

Re: the path

Post#2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 am

More you direct path of the manifestation, more you lower possibility of your goal being done. There is story of Magician who spent his whole life performing rites to win money in local lottery but he never won so he lived a very poor and pitiful life and died in misery. When he came to the after-life and met his deity, he asked him why he was never granted to win the lottery on which his deity replied: "But, my dear servant, how were you supposed to win the lottery, when you have never bought the ticket. Alas if you bought the ticket or if you wished to obtain the money any way, not just by the lottery, I would grant your wish for it was the persistent one".
The magician, stumbled by these words, then fell on his kneel and started crying and laughing at the same time for this was the reason of his misery, the comedy of his life.

Topic author
Kami
Neophyte

Post#3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 am

akenu thats not what i am asking

there is a big difference in specifying a certain path (which you gave the example of)

and ensuring that it manifests through an unharmful way (which is i am asking)

akenu
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Kami wrote:akenu thats not what i am asking

there is a big difference in specifying a certain path (which you gave the example of)

Ok, let's do it this way. Let's say that by specifying some intent you get about 95% of success. 35% is certain unharmful path and 65% is the harmful path. If you are specifying your intent with condition for it to be non-harmful, you are decreasing the probability of success to 35% which is not very probable (unless you introduce new factors, eg lottery, stake-holding, change of outfit, change of manners, change of friends, change of the magickal system...)

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Elubatel......YES......Be careful, You must prove you are worthy....You must earn his respect and know you have to work hard to achieve your desire. A Demon might want your soul but an Angel will want your honesty.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Assuming you're not working with spirits who like to take advantage of potential chaos, the onus is on you to ensure the paths of possibility are viable.

This is YOUR sphere, your place to manipulate and work.

Imagine the working as an airplane needing to land...the runway, and where it leads and how it's laid is your job.