A Prayer to amp up NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

A Prayer to amp up NAP

Post#1 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:02 pm

This is a prayer known from the eighth century used to honor the lord and it is VERY effective to be included in works of the Baal Shem Tov, which is one of the roots of NAP. From the 12th century, it has been used on the Sabbath and to teach to children. It is older than that, and clearly is quoting another text from what appears to be the second century, as it employs aramaic in some cases instead of full sephardic hebrew. Each line of it begins with one of the hebrew letters, and there is many more mysteries in it which inform other parts of "Qabala", including the names of the Sephiroth. The majority of the words common to western Qabala are in it, toy be honest, from Tiphareth to Da'at to Merkhavah. Here is how you pronounce it:

El adon al kol hama'asim
baruch um'vorach befi kol neshamah
gad'lo vetuvo lifnei olam.
Da'at ut'vunah sovevim hodo:
hamitga'eh al chayot hakodesh.
Venehedar bechavod al hamerkavah.
Z'chut umishor lifnei kis'o.
Chesed verachamim male k'vodo:
tovim me'orot shebara Eloheinu.
Yetzaram bida'at b'vinah uvehas'kel.
Ko'ach ug'vurah natan bahem.
Lihyot moshlim bekerev tevel:
mele'im ziv um'fikim nugah.
Na'eh zivam bechol ha'olam.
S'mechim betzetam vesasim bevo'am.
Osim be'eimah ratzon konam:
pe'er vechavod not'nim lish'mo.
Tzahalah verinah lezecher malchuto.
Kara lashemesh vayiz'rach or.
Ra'ah vehit'kin tzurat hal'vanah:
shevach not'nim lo kol tz'va marom.
Tif'eret ug'dulah sor'fim ve'ofanim vechayot hakodesh.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: A Prayer to amp up NAP

Post#2 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:33 am

raum215 wrote:This is a prayer known from the eighth century used to honor the lord and it is VERY effective to be included in works of the Baal Shem Tov, which is one of the roots of NAP. From the 12th century, it has been used on the Sabbath and to teach to children. It is older than that, and clearly is quoting another text from what appears to be the second century, as it employs aramaic in some cases instead of full sephardic hebrew. Each line of it begins with one of the hebrew letters, and there is many more mysteries in it which inform other parts of "Qabala", including the names of the Sephiroth. The majority of the words common to western Qabala are in it, toy be honest, from Tiphareth to Da'at to Merkhavah. Here is how you pronounce it:

El adon al kol hama'asim
Kara lashemesh vayiz'rach or.

Thank you raum! that is very interesting and the prayers associated with Shem Angels. Many who have envoked them have said they have used prayers.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Pax
Philosophus

Post#3 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:44 pm

:goodpost In english

Edit: Removed.
Last edited by Pax on Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#4 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I do not endorse this translation, this prayer is FULL of references that are not just easily translated. for example.

That translation says:

All the celestial beings attribute glory and grandeur

Beauty and Majesty, - and then the names of three orders of Angels.

Seraphim
Ophanim
Hayot Ha-Qodesh
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

lefty
Practicus

Post#5 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Raum, thanks for all that you're sharing in the forum. The knowledge, insight, and experience that you share here helps me see this all much more clearly. With regard to this prayer: Is it translatable?

I can appreciate that every thing written has more connections and more layers of meaning than just the text book definitions of the words, but sometimes those meanings can only be understood over time-- and they are contextual anyway, so one must understand and feel the context for those layers of meaning to resonate with the reader. It's poetry, and I guess prayers and psalms are the highest forms of poetry. But, how would you describe its meaning to someone that isn't conversant in the language? I intend to say it at the start of my NAP practice, starting today actually. I think I recognize some words in it, and I think feeling vowels resonate is of great value-- and the way they move from one to another and the consonants for me put the ethereal dance of the vowels into a more physical context; but what does this prayer mean?

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#6 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

this contains things that are not just in translation, and the words in parts are LOADED with meaning.

I can give a general translation, but it would take some time. No translation would contain all the same meaning ever.

lefty
Practicus

Post#7 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:34 am

Well, I ought to say that I added this at the start of my ritual today. The last couple of days they've been kinda un-spectacular, though things are coming together in terms of movement towards results. But today was a particularly powerful feeling NAP ritual. My mouth's butchering of this prayer definitely helped! Thanks. If you don't think a translation (or just a gist of a translation to get people started or clued in) is needed, then clearly there's none needed then. It seems that you're approach is as much about tracing the origins of the words back as far as it can go, and I think I understand that. For this it looks like that would be a massive undertaking, and I've not the nerve to ask.

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#8 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:36 am

well a literal translation that would contain all meaning... is very difficult to come by, for example even the first line:

Some people might translate it as

El - adon - al - kol - hama'asim

"God - Lord - over - all - thy works."

I find this insufficient. The word "God" means nothing. How can Lord be the translation of "Adon" when it predates the idea of ownership of Land? This just sounds like every translation of prayers, all of which lose their real meaning.

El is derived from "Ayil" - ancient word for Ram, the confronting cardinal force of Nissan, or Aries. It is VERY solar, as the Sun is the visible manifestation of the first great luminary. But it is not the sun itself. It is more like "Sunosity." In another regard, it is the root of Height, but by what height means, not just distance on a vertical axis.

Ayil is ancient word for Ram
El is "what makes a ram a ram."
Eloah is The-"Elo", or "The on high".
Elohim is "The most High"

If this word has a modern translation, really, it is "energy, as understood in relation to matter, personified." Thus, I would translate this to "Force", which conveys "energy" acting upon another source of energy or matter or any object pertaining to their existence causing it to undertake any form of change in movement, direction, construction, or composition."

See why Force would be a Good word for "essence of being a Ram?"

---------

Adon is derived from "Responsibility." To call one Adonai is not to say they rule you as a possession, but that they have accountablity for you. Many families divided their lands among their sons, and for the Family in question, that responsible one for that plot of land to be fruitful and to support its workers was an "Adon." Adonai is a counterparty to a business arrangement not a "slave owner"

Adon is

Adon means "Sovereign", "supreme ruler" BUT it functions as an Adjective.

---------

al (Ayin-lamed) means "above" and "yoke." How can these mean the same thing, you ask? Simple. Yoke is rooted to the word "Yoga." So its principle meaning is "unifying and overseeing." Our modern word for that is Supervisor, which connects the meaning of "super" (above) and "visor" (seer). But this does not mean really the "adminstrator of rule who sees all" - really this word in modern context is "measure" - but there is a word for that "above" in latin is "hyper" and a more transcendent word for "measuring" is "dimensional." This Ayin Lamed is literally, "hyper-dimensional"

---------

Kol is rooted to a larger word. It is Judean slang of the time of David, if you will. It comes from Kalil, "complete." Kol loses the last letter and syllable, making is "all that is necessary for completion." So in essence it is all the conditions for completion. The word for this is "entirety."

---------

Finally we have hama'asim. This word is a plural (-im) or a superlative singular (i.e. much like the English suffix "-est", a single one of an implied plural many.) Ha- is "the". Ma'as is "product of truth; i.e. "work", "accomplishment". So the word, means in essense Opus Magnum, the most workingest work of all that includes all the rest; the "Great Work" if you will. This is symbolized by seven concentric circles, relating to the seven palaces of Assiah. These relate to the Planets of Classical Astrology. Five visible Planets, and the Sun and Moon. The five planets are the pentagram, with Venus in the top point.

So now we analyze the grammar and see "kol hama'asim" essentially means "all phenomenon."

--------

This approximates the meaning of the FIRST line:

"Prime Causation, Hyperdimensional Mandate of all possible phenomenon."

Doesn't that just ring so true?

The problem is though it is significant it has FIVE words. And the words form an acronym of another mystery.
AAOKH
(Aleph Aleph Ayin Kaph Heh) - This statement is about the miracle of resurrection of father into child, eternal perpetual continuance of generation for prepared consciousness.

There are five words in the first two lines - symbolizing the ten times God spoke in the Creations. The ten times he said "Let it be." These map one to one with the words of the lord and the numbers zero - nine. 10 being the point of perspective of the person issuing forth the praise.

sylvanus
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am

raum215 wrote:This approximates the meaning of the FIRST line:
"Prime Causation, Hyperdimensional Mandate of all possible phenomenon."

Mind blown.

mochagoddess38
Zelator

Post#10 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 pm

raum215 wrote:This is a prayer known from the eighth century used to honor the lord and it is VERY effective to be included in works of the Baal Shem Tov, which is one of the roots of NAP. From the 12th century, it has been used on the Sabbath and to teach to children. It is older than that, and clearly is quoting another text from what appears to be the second century, as it employs aramaic in some cases instead of full sephardic hebrew. Each line of it begins with one of the hebrew letters, and there is many more mysteries in it which inform other parts of "Qabala", including the names of the Sephiroth. The majority of the words common to western Qabala are in it, toy be honest, from Tiphareth to Da'at to Merkhavah. Here is how you pronounce it:

El adon al kol hama'asim
Kara lashemesh vayiz'rach or

If we were to incorporate this, do you do it before the NAP ritual or after? From reading other posts, and my having done the very bare 15 minutes that GGC said was all that is needed, it looks like there is more that could possibly ensure success but then, there's the order of certain rituals. As someone still trying to grasp this, I need help in understanding a complete ritual. Some do things differently. Also GGC said to do this in a darkened room yet I believe I've seen other posts of invoking at various times throughout the day. Can this be done? Is it "better" to do everything at night?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, but I had to ask.