A Prayer to amp up NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Vampright
Neophyte

Re: A Prayer to amp up NAP

Post#21 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

Well... I know nothing about Hebrew pronunciation...

It will work with "wrong" pronunciation ?

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#22 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Vampright wrote:Well... I know nothing about Hebrew pronunciation...

It will work with "wrong" pronunciation ?

You know I have found that over time, you will be able to arrive at something very close to "less than mangled" from becoming familiar with the break down of some of the more familiar words we use in Qabalah and even of the names of angels within the Shem ha-Mephorash etc. The more you use Hebrew pronunciation, the easier it is to stumble through phonetics...even if the translation is not possible.

Basically, I can read this prayer out loud. I cannot give you a proper translation though...know what I mean? :-)

As Raum said, go slowly and with care...unless you are told otherwise, the effort alone is often well regarded by the spirits as is the case in attention to detail and respect of ceremonial details.

I do share your concerns though...for example certain angels like the The Seven Penitential Psalms used as part of the invocation. Unless specified, I don't use the Latin, I use the English because I can connect and en-flame myself with the meaning and the emotion of the work in conjunction with the over all oration...I lose steam when I'm stumbling through a large chunk of text that I don't understand. My will and intention wavers as I switch to another part of the brain which is more or less simply performing a linguistic exercise.

So I do see your point of concern....but one prayer won't throw you off IMO.

Vampright
Neophyte

Post#23 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

So the best to do is understand the meaning of the prayer,
for emotion and will, and of course, know about what are u doing,
and try to work out the best pronunciation as possible,
to value the ceremony....

Right?

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#24 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Vampright wrote:So the best to do is understand the meaning of the prayer,
for emotion and will, and of course, know about what are u doing,
and try to work out the best pronunciation as possible,
to value the ceremony....

Right?

I think so, yeah. And if you find chunks of oration in a language you don't understand detracts from things...simply remove it.
Speaking here specifically of this prayer in this context. I wouldn't start removing text from other ceremonies where it is a traditional part etc

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#25 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Properly speaking El Adon is a qabalistic treatise which is ordered to demonstrate several of the dynamics of the Hebrew alphabet.

If you do not feel confident using it, practice it in small parts.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#26 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 am

raum215 wrote:Properly speaking El Adon is a qabalistic treatise which is ordered to demonstrate several of the dynamics of the Hebrew alphabet.

If you do not feel confident using it, practice it in small parts.

I'm really glad you posted man. Cheers....I have other uses for it other than within NAP and I appreciate it :D

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#27 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 am

I am just glad it is getting use. It really is sublime.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

RAWsaysimapope
Practicus

Post#28 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I haven't read all the posts in this thread I just have to say a very massive thank you to raum.

:Thank You
"Only the Madman is absolutely sure."

Robert Anton Wilson

roja
Neophyte

Post#29 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Same here Raum! Can't wait to try it out! :Thank You

PS - @Raw, thanks for bumping this thread up... great find!

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

Post#30 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm

A person on this forum just asked me a good question. They wrote me (as I summarize and clarify)

In short, this is not my religion, nor is Hebrew my lingusitic proficiency. i am Hindu, and understand Sanskrit, which you say is connected to the roots of some of the words used, and has influence on the emergence of early pre-Torahatic Judiasm from Canaan cultures. What Sanskrit prayer would you advise.

In my creation of this thread, it was my intent to demonstrate A prayer, certainly not the ONLY prayer. I am not Hindu. My Sanskrit is barely rudimentary. I admit this often... despite some of the stuff I know is not rudimentary, and generally not part of the conversational form of the modern language. Some is considered advanced critical knowledge of the language - but still, I am but a novice in my over-all use of the language or history of its a morphology.

The El Adon is not a quote from the Torah, or Bible, or anything. No one knows who composed it - but it has been used for a long time, until it was essentially "thrown out" for no cause nor no reason other than its growing importance.

A mantrum is a repetitious liturgical reading. Most are passages citing the vedas. In the Vedic times, the term "sukta" would apply to an inspired composition. I am not the best authority on Hinduism or even Vedism, but for what it is worth, I would say by historical demonstration and content of the words, The Narayana Sukta would be MY choice for a sanskrit composition that would amp up the NAP, as I understand and apply it.

I have not used this in relation to NAP directly, but to things derived from some of the same sources and in other works - and it is very potent as well. It is not historical, but I have every reason to believe it will amp up NAP as well. I am just not sure if it would in the same way. Some of the wiring is slightly different in its mechanics, for example - it does not follow a natural progression through the ordinal lettering of the devagenari script (as in the case of El Adon which has lines that start with an "aleph" then a "beth" then a "gimel" etc.) The theme is there, but not the natural momentum of the A,B progression.

I hope this helps the person who originally asked me, as well as those who may be wondering the same thing.