Labezarin explained

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

lefty
Practicus

Re: Labezarin explained

Post#11 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:39 pm

there are ways to use your hands to count up to 20, instead of using your fingers using the joints. If you then count on one hand and tally the count on the other, 20 x 20 you can count to 400 on both hands.

This image shows a version of it. The bottom point on the thumb I place at the point where the bottom thumb bone comes down to the wrist at the base of the hand: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ ... 647c20.jpg

But there are some crazy counting systems, the 27 one here for example: http://www.quora.com/Numbers/What-are-t ... -the-world

What is cool is it gets your mind working not just harder, but it makes for a different way of your mind to see what your body means. Right bicep means 9, left bicep means 19 makes for an interesting translation from that system to ours, or zero to 10 being represented by bicep to bicep, and that's just a sub set of that system.

But using joints or beads, there is still an element of putting mindfulness or intent into each action when counting, like the idea of picking up matches one at a time to build will, that would make this as useful exercise also because there is also the whole keeping an account of the progress through the repetitions.

I tried this after Raum shared it, and I think this is how I did it-- and I'll focus on the 400 hatiq'wahs as that's the big counting. I think I put 4 hatiq'wahs per joint of my fingers and used the other hand as a multiplier, going along the base of the fingers, the next joint up and so on till I got to 20 ( x 4 = 80 hatiq'wahs) across the hand. Starting at the base of the thumb by the wrist to base of the pinky across to the base of the index finger (we're up to 5 measures) to the first joint on the thumb (the bottom of the free part of the thumb) across the first joint on the figers (pinky to index) makes for a spiral going up and and around your hand. Musically then each syllable in hatiq'way would be a 16th note, each joint would be a measure in 4/4 time. 5 trips across the hand, using the other hand's fingers to tally, gets us to 400 or my math is in need of help.

I've been looking to incorporate drumming into my practice, and I think getting back to this will do it. Another way to count the hatiq'wahs would be to treat each syllable like a drum stroke in a paradiddle. a Paraddile is this pattern R-L-R-R L-R-L-L, so one cycle across both hands would be 2 hatiq-wahs. If you have a snare, hi-hat, and 3 toms you can go across those four beats on each (four hatiq'wahs) in order, and then repeat the last drum (floor tom probably) and go back (snare, hh, sm-tom, m-tom, fl-tom; fl-tom, m-tom, sm-tom, hh, snare), getting you 40 hatiq'wahs per trip across the drums. 10 round trips across the drums is no big deal. If you don't have a drum set you can it, 5 of anything that won't complain will do. You may have to write out the structure like you were reading sheet music (LIKE, anything to help you keep count, 1 to 10).

I think I will go back to it that way right now actually, that whole "turn ye to the stronghold" thing still resonates so powerfully with me, and everything is a contest. I might be pushing that contest word in a comedic direction, but opening a jar can be a contest, even if no one else is in the room. Or if one's will is too weak, opening a jar might seem like more work than going through a drive-through burger joint.

I'm editing this to add that as I goof around around the drums with this, the counting of the phrases can be suddenly a lot more melodic and thus easier to do and the chant can really take over. it just has to be planned out to get the whole thing counted right. Also, again that whole turn ye to the stronghold is so powerful and resonant in my head.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#12 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Lefty you are onto something there. Thanks for that. Try putting a ruff into the middle of the paradiddle when you get a moment.

Drummer to drummer

Pablo

PS. Other older guys buy motor bikes.. I fancy something with mesh heads as opposed to Remo pinstripes!
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

lefty
Practicus

Post#13 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 pm

I guess you know the beats that help access the Orishas, which I thought about after I finished drumming my NAP (badly, but it will get better). I'm not a drummer but a bassist/guitarist. I have set of drums and some hand percussion though and I love them a lot. I only started getting serious about practicing on the drums a few weeks ago. I have Evans hydraulic heads on my toms and not-so fancy Aquarians on my snare, Yamaha kit and Sabian HHs cymbals.

But it is seeming clear that these chants and drumming are are match made in heaven, or maybe even the heaven of heavens, as called in the first chapter of the book of Enoch.