Minimal Results?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus
Posts: 2305

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#21 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Boggsley wrote:I actually have a digital copy of the book- since it's out of print I don't understand what sort of impact an actual purchased copy would have on the direct publisher or Geoff Gray Cobb. I'm not going to pay another mage sixty to seventy dollars for a document that claims to be able to get them roughly 2,000 (as the very least of the claims in the book.) Why would anyone sell a book that reliably worked for them?

That being said it's an amazing book, and it honestly works for me. I haven't had any troubles whatsoever with it, but then again I'm not going for way far out there results. I'm happy at this point in my life with small, daily changes that I can see in a tangible way. (Easier customers, more sales, etc.) More of a general enchantment book than anything, although I greatly appreciate the Middle Pillar Ritual, as using it I've been able to keep energized, etc. far more than I usually am.


Thats all that matters if you are happy with your results. My guess is some people donate the book from estates when someone dies in their family, They really dont know what they have. Thats how I got my book, It was donated to Goodwill, So... I bought the book and donated to a good cause.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "


summerland
Adeptus Exemptus
Posts: 2305

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#22 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:29 pm

summerland wrote:
Boggsley wrote:I actually have a digital copy of the book- since it's out of print I don't understand what sort of impact an actual purchased copy would have on the direct publisher or Geoff Gray Cobb. I'm not going to pay another mage sixty to seventy dollars for a document that claims to be able to get them roughly 2,000 (as the very least of the claims in the book.) Why would anyone sell a book that reliably worked for them?

That being said it's an amazing book, and it honestly works for me. I haven't had any troubles whatsoever with it, but then again I'm not going for way far out there results. I'm happy at this point in my life with small, daily changes that I can see in a tangible way. (Easier customers, more sales, etc.) More of a general enchantment book than anything, although I greatly appreciate the Middle Pillar Ritual, as using it I've been able to keep energized, etc. far more than I usually am.


Hummm.....Enchantment? No....I dont think of it as enchantment.....Enchantment would be a book on 5000 spells. These are powerful Angels....Not words of rhyme. I would say if your happy with that then that is what you got. Middle/center pillar to me is for raising my energy to connect to these spirits, I dont see it as a way to keep me awake. And these Angels are far more than anything just general. I am very grateful for all they do. Maybe a different Grimroire would be better for you?
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

User avatar

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus
Posts: 2180

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#23 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I posted this in part in another thread but I think it's worth re-posting here.

In terms of "success"it is important to really understand what you are asking of a spirit:

1. whether the REAL solution to your problem is the thing you have charged them with addressing (just because you think or want the solution to be as you see it, does not mean that is the case)
2. Is what you are really asking of the spirit within their "office".
3. Are YOU the key to the conglomeration of events or circumstances that have formed not to your liking? (this gets back to the first point) If so, until you understand objectively HOW things have come to be as they are, it is possible to "push the wrong button" in hopes of making the machine run the way you want it to. If that happens...is it the fault of the system or the spirit you have enlisted?

The need to understand your problem before settling on a solution is paramount. It's not a sexy thing to put out there...but it's true none-the-less. In all magic, we stress the need to contribute or play our part in the willful re-shaping of things and in all things, the celestial movements need to be able to manifest in the World of Action.


summerland
Adeptus Exemptus
Posts: 2305

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#24 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Slater wrote:I posted this in part in another thread but I think it's worth re-posting here.

In terms of "success"it is important to really understand what you are asking of a spirit:

1. whether the REAL solution to your problem is the thing you have charged them with addressing (just because you think or want the solution to be as you see it, does not mean that is the case)
2. Is what you are really asking of the spirit within their "office".
3. Are YOU the key to the conglomeration of events or circumstances that have formed not to your liking? (this gets back to the first point) If so, until you understand objectively HOW things have come to be as they are, it is possible to "push the wrong button" in hopes of making the machine run the way you want it to. If that happens...is it the fault of the system or the spirit you have enlisted?

The need to understand your problem before settling on a solution is paramount. It's not a sexy thing to put out there...but it's true none-the-less. In all magic, we stress the need to contribute or play our part in the willful re-shaping of things and in all things, the celestial movements need to be able to manifest in the World of Action.

:goodpost
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "


tai
Adeptus Minor
Posts: 653

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#25 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:34 am

I've found Jason Miller's 9 Principles to be useful:

http://strategicsorcery.blogspot.com/20 ... rcery.html

User avatar

raum215
Magister Templi
Posts: 4557

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#26 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am

It is simple; just find ANY form of process improvement that works. or even make your own after studying some.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.


Topic author
Tremegorn
Neophyte
Posts: 46

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#27 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:52 am

Random observation: I've noticed that ever since I've made this thread, I've seen answers to many small 'questions' involving magic I've had, or small derived improvements I could make in my own workings appear here, quite often the same day I had the question.

Minor update:

There's some subtle movement going on, Through mundane efforts I have a small amount of money coming my way, not enough to make a large difference but enough to secure a physical NAP book, and maybe pay one or two bills. I'm very interested in seeing if there's been any change in the magnitude of results from using a PDF, a PDF transfered to an ebook reader (Current State), or an actual, physical book.

No response from the job application I mentioned in my last post (It's the norm now if they're not interested- they even went so far as to re-post the application the day after I applied, ugh) however I've since applied at other locations and i'm hardly 'sitting around' so to speak.

One thing I have seen though is a distinct need to re-evaluate my current career path, and have been getting large amounts of advice coming my way. I can definitely attribute that to Elubatel (Thanks!) but where I seem to be getting metaphorically 'moved to' I can't see quite yet.


summerland
Adeptus Exemptus
Posts: 2305

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#28 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Also when I first started with NAP, I went through an intense phase of uncrossing/cleansing myself and then started seeing results.



This is true..... I had to clean up the shit my ex roommate left behind in a spiritual sense (energy) And the negativity she left behind.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "


Topic author
Tremegorn
Neophyte
Posts: 46

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#29 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Wow, I forgot all about this thread.

Details are a bit sketchy now due to the time since events occurred, but in November of 2012 I recall applying literally *everywhere* I could for a job. At the last place I applied, I finally got a response and was hired not long after. It didn't pay well, but it was enough for me to meet my needs at the time, and reduce stress significantly. I stayed for just over a year, leaving once all of my opportunities for advancement were exhausted.

Most of the problems I had mentioned involving my career and relationships are essentially solved, if not entirely in the way I would have planned. Regardless of 'why', I seem to have been given a second chance at a lot of things, and plan on making the best of it.


With that aside I haven't seen anything extraordinary happen with the NAP entities in quite some time; not as like when I started. When I finally get an area I can dedicate to ritual work, I'll definitely be attempting an actual evocation of Elubatel, and several others of the NAP entities, if nothing else just to learn where they fit in the grand order of things.

User avatar

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major
Posts: 1409

Re: Minimal Results?

Post#30 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:41 am

Glad to hear things worked out for you Tremegorn.

Tremegorn wrote:With that aside I haven't seen anything extraordinary happen with the NAP entities in quite some time; not as like when I started. When I finally get an area I can dedicate to ritual work, I'll definitely be attempting an actual evocation of Elubatel, and several others of the NAP entities, if nothing else just to learn where they fit in the grand order of things.


Why wait? I mean, it's your business if you do, of course but I have found (in general not just magicy stuffs) that when people wait until "they are ready and it's more ideal" it tends to not happen. Just mentioning that. LOL I was doing some NAP in my two hour wait at the DMV yesterday. :D

Also I think it's worth pointing out what I put in bold in your quote above. I don't think a lot of people do this much anymore with entities in general and to me that is sad. It is fun, exciting and educational and more people should do it. Explore!

Thanks for updating your results (what you can remember). :D
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Return to “New Avatar Power”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests