Why Do We Command the Entities/Spirits in NAP?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Akubata
Neophyte

Why Do We Command the Entities/Spirits in NAP?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Why do we command the spirit/entities that we call upon to help us in NAP? I don't feel comfortable with the commanding tone. I guess if you are asking somebody for help you should be at least humble, or is that the tone for magic to work?

Akubata
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: Why Do We Command the Entities/Spirits in NAP?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello Akubata,

The tone you described was part of the authors Geof Gray Cobbs form of magic.

Some magicians command spirits with the Divine Authority that the God gives

man and woman. Magician Carrol Poke Runyon will tend to command deities

and then apologize in another statement that the magician makes.

Something like this: "We are sorry most noble spirit for commanding Thee.

Our desire is only to communicate with Thee..."

And finally some magicians do not take a commanding tone.

Author and magician Al Manning was known for inviting the spirits

to come and then play with them. His was a party like mindset.

He told me Pan loved to party and fuck.

This was an old secret chant that Al Manning once gave me

for prosperity: "Green light, green light, green light, green,

Always loving, never mean, As love grows fucking is seen,

Along with Pans prosperity."

Hope this helps in some way.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Akubata
Neophyte

Post#3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

BrotherButterball wrote:Hello Akubata,

The tone you described was part of the authors Geof Gray Cobbs form of magic.

Some magicians command spirits with the Divine Authority that the God gives

man and woman. Magician Carrol Poke Runyon will tend to command deities

and then apologize in another statement that the magician makes.

Something like this: "We are sorry most noble spirit for commanding Thee.

Our desire is only to communicate with Thee..."

And finally some magicians do not take a commanding tone.

Tim

Thanks a bunch. Yes, I do apologize sometimes to the entity(ies) for using such commanding tone when doing the NAP rituals--and sometimes I substitute "I command you with I implore you". I was uncomfortable with the whole "commanding tone" and I use to wonder whether my mindset waters down my rituals, but I am glad to have a school of thought along that line.

Much blessings!

Akubata.
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#4 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Lately, seeing as the author himself changed his approach in his later years, I have exchanged the word "command" with "Request"

So..."XXX I command thine aid", becomes, "XXX I request thine aid". See how it works. If it doesn't work, switch back to the approach that does.

It does seem the intent changes and request just might not cut it...time will tell.

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Slater im going to give this one a go " request", after all i personally dislike people demanding anything of me even if they have the authority to do it. If they ask me thats something else,and i may have a range of ways of doing what they would like,but the demanding way just makes me want to have a mind set like " Ok , thats how u want it, here it is by the book,not leave me the F**k alone". In my opinion spirits can be the same . just my opinion
Axeezo

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Slater wrote:Lately, seeing as the author himself changed his approach in his later years, I have exchanged the word "command" with "Request"

So..."XXX I command thine aid", becomes, "XXX I request thine aid". See how it works. If it doesn't work, switch back to the approach that does.

It does seem the intent changes and request just might not cut it...time will tell.

Slater, Have you tried that approach with Elubatel? Just would like some insight on it. Greatly appreciated.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 am

summerland wrote:Slater, Have you tried that approach with Elubatel? Just would like some insight on it. Greatly appreciated.

I haven't worked with Elubatel. He is pretty high up there so I'd at the very least be respectful. I think if I were to work with him as of this moment, I'd be likely to go with request rather than command. Like i said...Gray-Cobb changed his stance on the language later in life.

That said...others have been told by an angel not to say "please" when asking of them...that it was too close to pleading and bowing to them...something reserved for the Divine. (that may or may not be a clue as to the filter or aspect of the spirit presented)

I do think that relationship of sorts is really where it's at with some spirits. Not all.
I certainly don't "demand" an angel's presence in my normal full evocations.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 am

Slater wrote:
summerland wrote:Slater, Have you tried that approach with Elubatel? Just would like some insight on it. Greatly appreciated.

I haven't worked with Elubatel. He is pretty high up there so I'd at the very least be respectful. I think if I were to work with him as of this moment, I'd be likely to go with request rather than command. Like i said...Gray-Cobb changed his stance on the language later in life.

That said...others have been told by an angel not to say "please" when asking of them...that it was too close to pleading and bowing to them...something reserved for the Divine. (that may or may not be a clue as to the filter or aspect of the spirit presented)

I do think that relationship of sorts is really where it's at with some spirits. Not all.
I certainly don't "demand" an angel's presence in my normal full evocations.

Thanks Slater, Yes i am very respectful of him and trying slowly to build an understanding with him. After I invoke Elubatel I Thank him for his help... sometimes I light a tea light and incense. With Elubatel I have to be very specific with intent... In a humble way. There have been times I had to get my point across but still very respectfully to him

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I've amended all of the NAP rituals to not sound commanding and be more
respectful.

The way I see it, I don't really need to command them to do what I asked them
to do unless it's something that is unaligned with their nature, and even then
I don't bother since there are other entities that will gladly do what I ask so.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 pm

mrblack wrote:I've amended all of the NAP rituals to not sound commanding and be more
respectful.

The way I see it, I don't really need to command them to do what I asked them
to do unless it's something that is unaligned with their nature, and even then
I don't bother since there are other entities that will gladly do what I ask so.

Yes that makes sense you shouldnt have to command them it sounds more the lines of trying to control. I am trying to build a rapport with Elubatel.