NAP Gadiel Invocation and Seal of Authority

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
jsp
Zelator

NAP Gadiel Invocation and Seal of Authority

Post#1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Greetings

I am new to the forum and have a few questions about the NAP Protection Invocation on pp.56.

1. I haven't yet found any source material on Gadiel aside from a reference to GKoS and was wondering if anyone knows the earliest source for this angel? I assume the Hebrew is גדיאל ?

2. The invocation is sealed with the authority of "EE-YOTE-EE-YAH-VAW-ARE-ZALL." is this Hebrew? Does anyone have the source for this also? I am guessing that the vaw is Hebrew ו and is conjoining two names, one of them possibly Arzel (who was invoked in the opening ritual) ?

3. I read in another post on the forum where the tone of command, or the way to address these divine beings was later modified. Can anyone add to that please?

Thanks in advance

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Re: NAP Gadiel Invocation and Seal of Authority

Post#2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 pm

jsp wrote:Greetings

I am new to the forum and have a few questions about the NAP Protection Invocation on pp.56.

1. I haven't yet found any source material on Gadiel aside from a reference to GKoS and was wondering if anyone knows the earliest source for this angel? I assume the Hebrew is גדיאל ?

2. The invocation is sealed with the authority of "EE-YOTE-EE-YAH-VAW-ARE-ZALL." is this Hebrew? Does anyone have the source for this also? I am guessing that the vaw is Hebrew ו and is conjoining two names, one of them possibly Arzel (who was invoked in the opening ritual) ?

3. I read in another post on the forum where the tone of command, or the way to address these divine beings was later modified. Can anyone add to that please?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Gadiel is the variant spelling for this angel.

The other name is Gadriel.

Gadriel taught mankind about weapons and warfare

if memory serves me correctly.

Gadriel appears in Frater Malaks Return Evil To Source Spell

where you split an apple into halves.

The wording:

Gadriel, I call Thee.

As this apple is cut in two,

So shall your evil return to you...
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
jsp
Zelator

Post#3 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:26 pm

BrotherButterball wrote:

Thank you

Gadriel is mentioned in I Enoch 69 and appears to be a high ranking spirit.
Does anyone know the meaning and source of the incantation spoken to seal one's authority to command him?

Frater.F.D.
Philosophus

Post#4 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 am

Such an effective spell, thanks Gadiel. No kidding ive avoided attacks from people I even didn't imagine were against me. Geoff says to read aum when calling for the magic menthor this way:

Aaaaaaaaaaaa-ooooooooooooo-mmmmmmmmmm

i do "vibrate"/pronounce/think all names that way:

Gaaaaaaaaaaa-deeeeeeeeeee-ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyl

I guess thats what u mean when speaking about tone of command

About the origin of the incantation looks like hebrew, I recognise the letters Yod, Wav, and Arsal sounds like the name of the entity from the Nap ritual (an angel or archangel from the East, someone mentioned its origin in the forums)

Topic author
jsp
Zelator

Post#5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 pm

when speaking about tone of command

I had read in another post that GGC had modified the way in which the spirits are addressed, i.e. the way they are commanded.

SeventhSin
Practicus

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:44 pm

BrotherButterball wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The wording:

Gadriel, I call Thee.

Gadriel is not the same angel as Gadiel.

While both reside in the 5th Heaven, Gadiel is a resident and guardian of the gates of the South Wind. He protects against evil.

Gadriel on the other hand is the chief ruling the 5th heaven and in charge of wars among nations. One of his offices is to crown the prayers arriving in the 5th Heaven and accompany them to the 6th Heaven. Compare this with Sandalphon, another great angel who also accompanies prayers, not from Heaven to Heaven this time, but directly from man to God.
All I need to win is an unfair advantage.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 pm

SeventhSin wrote:
BrotherButterball wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The wording:

Gadriel, I call Thee.

Gadriel is not the same angel as Gadiel.

While both reside in the 5th Heaven, Gadiel is a resident and guardian of the gates of the South Wind. He protects against evil.

Gadriel on the other hand is the chief ruling the 5th heaven and in charge of wars among nations. One of his offices is to crown the prayers arriving in the 5th Heaven and accompany them to the 6th Heaven. Compare this with Sandalphon, another great angel who also accompanies prayers, not from Heaven to Heaven this time, but directly from man to God.

Actually, Gadiel is one possible variant spelling for Gadriel.

Mr. Geof Gray Cobb did the same thing with Eleleth in the Mystic Grimoire

and called this angel Heleleth.

I know Gadiel and Gadriel from working with them

and inquired about their names when I evoked them.

So maybe I am right and maybe you

and the Dictionary of Angels are right.

We may leave that to the angels themselves and history.

Angels were named by God and man and what the angels

reveal about themselves.

Tim

SeventhSin
Practicus

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Whom has ever known these things for certain ? :thinking

Anyway, I see in your post that you make a distinction between the two angels and you use the plural... so you have experienced the said angels as two different entities (Gadiel/Gadriel) ?

As for Eleleth/Heleleth, they are mentioned in Davidson's dictionary as two different spellings for the same angel. I guess it's clear here. While Gadiel/Gadriel are listed as totally different entities. Care to explain what makes you think Gadiel/Gadriel are the same BB ? Not that it's extremely important, but you've made me curious.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#9 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:32 pm

SeventhSin wrote:

Whom has ever known these things for certain ? :thinking

Good point. Glad we agree on some points.

Anyway, I see in your post that you make a distinction between the two angels and you use the plural... so you have experienced the said angels as two different entities (Gadiel/Gadriel) ?

I see these as the same angel with a variant spelling. Sorry if you misinterpreted my writing.

I have a lot on my mind.

As for Eleleth/Heleleth, they are mentioned in Davidson's dictionary as two different spellings for the same angel. I guess it's clear here. While Gadiel/Gadriel are listed as totally different entities. Care to explain what makes you think Gadiel/Gadriel are the same BB ? Not that it's extremely important, but you've made me curious.

I would argue that some angels are seen in the same Heaven

and some occupy different Heavens.

The Dictionary of Angels by Davidson shows many instances of this.

Just dont have it handy while I am typing this.

I wish you and the original poster well in your quests.

Tim

SeventhSin
Practicus

Post#10 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks Tim. A gentleman as always, heh ? :bow