middle pillar and bornless invocation

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Re: middle pillar and bornless invocation

Post#11 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 am

Yep, different strokes for different folks, YMMV and all that.

Funny, the first time I saw the Middle Pillar ... I immediately made a connection to Chakras. Tho, I have an idiosyncratic view of the subtle body, in that I think it is essentially what you make of it. Whether it's 7, 10, 5, or 3 main centers of power in the body ... I think, at least at the beginning of the work, it's essentially a malleable number.
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Gilbertopb
Magister Templi

Post#12 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am

provenant wrote:And, lest we forget, Crowley told the GD to go toss. So, where does that leave us?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I liked the idea of the gestures for this version, if it works for you, it's 100% ok.

But I think to myself, I'm invoking the Bornless One, so I keep it without this.

hecate8
Zelator

Post#13 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:40 pm

proven ant,
What does it matter what GD members think? I don't know, what does it matter what YOU think? Or what anyone thinks? It's what works that counts!
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#14 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 pm

hecate8 wrote:What does it matter what GD members think? I don't know, what does it matter what YOU think? Or what anyone thinks? It's what works that counts!

I would agree with this sentiment ... which was largely my point. In fact it was to your earlier post of a complete opposite view, that there was something wrong with the OP's idea that I was responding to, to wit:

hecate8 wrote:The Middle,or Central, Pillar Ritual was created to charge/balance the Sephirah, not the chakras. They are not equal or interchangeable. If you want to balance the chakras, do a ritual for that, but you can't introduce chakras into the middle pillar, it's like a mixed metaphor.

Which sounded very much to me like a very set in stone idea that the OP wasn't doing it your way ... see your use of the words "you can't..."

But glad we agree now. ;)
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Philosophus

Post#15 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow, someone smelling their own shit, then stepping away from it? No matter how clumsily, that's a win to me. Almost like magic. ;)

You must've been weavin some mad hibbity jibbities, oh Proven Ant. :rofl
Liberate Temet Ex Inferis

hecate8
Zelator

Post#16 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:33 am

Agreed. "can't" should have read "shouldn't, imho, at least in my experience". Is that to wordy?
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#17 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Middle Pillar also reminds me of Microcosmic Meditation. The higher level of the practice run down the middle (not around like Macro/Micro)

issa idres
Practicus

Post#18 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Very interesting conversation so far, just a quick comment, really there should be no need to activate the brow 'manually' - it should automatically open/tingle/pressurize/release while meditating on Kether. Kether should eventually expand all the way down to the brow.

Also if there is some sort of block, doing a supernal 'head only' mediation, on the Trinity of Kether, Binah and Chokmah, (crown, left temple, right temple) it should really begin to open, you will also feels your brain and skull tingle and eventually you will be able to consciously focus this energy on certain points.

Either way, I find it best in these matters not to over intellectualize and let the Spirit do the majority of the work, the purpose of your intellect is to gently guide and classify as to not become confused.
אבאלהימבןאלהימרוחהקדשאלהימ

MadMonk828
Neophyte

Post#19 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 am

i could be wrong on this but doesnt the addition of the fountain in cobbs works adding kundalini flow to the middle pillar? :thinking

I AM
Neophyte

Post#20 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 pm

It has been my experience that the two practices do not mix well together. In chakra balancing, the energy flows from below to the top, but in the middle pillar the energy flows from the top down. When I've tried to introduce chakras into the middle pillar it seems to create blockages where the introduced chakras are. The flow stops flowing. Just my experience, but whatever works for you.