middle pillar and bornless invocation

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Re: middle pillar and bornless invocation

Post#31 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:36 am

Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:My theory is that you need to find the key to unlock how a ritual affects you and when you do, be ready to give orders and snap attention. Because boy howdy there's nothing like it. I had shivers down my spine telling my wife and my best friend/student Vinny about it the next day. Something to be said for doing rituals in haunted places, eh?

Yep and, along those lines, I no longer find it strange when something I would have dismissed as a beginner as "fluffy new age bs" actually works perfectly or leads me to a new understanding of how I could work it that's unique to me. There are some sensations and experiences we all have in common, but "YMMV" is the truth.

I have no doubt Liber Samekh works for some people. Hell, it probably worked for Bill Heidrick! I don't think he's a faker and when he recommends something, he probably has good reason to. That said, if you're going to do the Headless Rite in a place of power, I can imagine that the voltage is going to be dialed way up.

Brother_Moloch_969 wrote:
Silenciumetaurum wrote:I invoke the NAP version almost every day and, even though it has a much smaller effect, it's more useful to me in the long run as an empowerment than a big cathartic ritual that will break things open and force me onto new paths. The big medicine should not be taken lightly.

Actually I think the NAP version is merely a reminder to the operator's higher self as well as the spirits s/he summons that you are in command and They need to pay heed for the time being. I don't believe Geoff intended for it to be anything other than that. I don't recommend folks to use it in place of the full on Headless One rite and I definitely do NOT recommend Liber Samekh which I find to be utterly and ridiculously useless.
Your mileage may vary.

I agree about NAP's "little Bornless," but I should note that over time it took on a potency for me that it didn't have in the beginning. Gray-Cobb may have only meant it to be a reminder and an affirmation of authority, but any invocation can gather power with time and repetition. I'm not saying it has to do this but, in my case, that was the outcome.
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.